Airflow...CHECK

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
I know of several junk yard engines bone stock bottom end floating around with 500-600hp setups on them. they seem to be much more reliable than ones that have been apart and dicked with

isootmypants

Reaction score
Well I figured I would update everyone on my truck. Its been a while.

Got the new cryo forged rod, matched piston (motor was B&B so specs were on file at machine shop) new head gaskets, pick up tube gasket. Put motor all together, fired it up, idling for a few minutes, noticed oil filling up valley.

Used a mirror and watched my HPOP snap ring seep oil.

Called up Gary at Stealth, spoke with him about my issue and that it only has a few thousand miles on it. He said it could be just an oring inside, or could be too much pressure inside the pump and pressing hard against the snap ring, which could lead to the pump blowing out the back. He strongly suggested the pump to be shipped in to be checked and get all the fixin's to be updated to a 1.1, and with a warranty.

Shipped out pump, recieved pump back 2 weeks later, with new gasket and IPR orings. Installed pump, started truck, running good.

Test drive time...

Of course had to get air out of system, breaking in the new gaskets, learning how to drive a laggy smokey pig.

Let me just say, this thing takes talent to drive with out a cloud of smoke behind it. The injectors fuel very heavy, and the turbo lites around 2200, but once it lites, hold the f*#k on.

I have my stock tires on for the winter, so traction is an issue. I can easily break the tires loose over 50 mph.

I do need to be live tuned by Swamps.

Having slight issues with dead stop take offs. I have to ever so gently touch the pedal at the stop sign or traffic light.

If I hit the throttle heavy, the truck with stall right out. Start right up, hit throttle heavy again, stall out.

If the truck is cruising, I can roll into the throttle, or stab it, and it will fuel without hessitation.

Injectors are jumpy, since I have the hot street tune on most of the time, the pedal is touchy.

Cruising, once in a while the truck will buck because the injectors arent sure to be full on or full off.

I spoke to Dave, he said he would rather have me come down and be live tuned, rather sending tunes back and forth and have be reburn my chip over and over until corrected.

I think the stalling issue should be fixed with live tuning.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Wow. Just saw and read this whole thing.. some sh!tty luck but it seems like its all coming together. Hope it works good for ya man.

And jeez, talk about skill. 2.5 hours to pull the motor and then disassemble it like that? Never would have pinned you for that type of guy. But then again I only met you that morning of Englishtown LOL

isootmypants

Reaction score
Wow. Just saw and read this whole thing.. some sh!tty luck but it seems like its all coming together. Hope it works good for ya man.

And jeez, talk about skill. 2.5 hours to pull the motor and then disassemble it like that? Never would have pinned you for that type of guy. But then again I only met you that morning of Englishtown LOL

No need to judge me with a bottle of jack up to my mouth at 630 am, this truck is the reason I was drinking that early.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
No need to judge me with a bottle of jack up to my mouth at 630 am, this truck is the reason I was drinking that early.

I understand man. I wasn't judging you either.. I don't know ya well enough to make good judgement. And Jim had filled me in on what happened and I trust him when he sad your a good dude...

What's your goal, power wise? I apologize if I missed it..

isootmypants

Reaction score
I understand man. I wasn't judging you either.. I don't know ya well enough to make good judgement. And Jim had filled me in on what happened and I trust him when he sad your a good dude...

What's your goal, power wise? I apologize if I missed it..

Well it was a perfectly reliable hot street truck with the ability to still tow with 606hp, 250/100s and a 72/74/1.15

Then I was a douche and wanted more power. Shoulda left it like it was.

Now Im toying with close to 700ish if not more

Im just driving the damn thing for now. Dynoed it at fall brawl on the unloaded dyno. Couldnt lite the charger even with the ebrake on and using the foot brake. 37lbs and only did 550/891.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
TJ did you stick with 200% nozzles or jump up to 400% ?

Good to see it back together. I know how you feel. Waited a month for my trans to get warrentied only to put it back together and realize I cracked an uppipe bellow.

isootmypants

Reaction score
Dan, stuck with the 3/2s. Plentyyyyy of fuel for this thing. I might change the exhaust housing to a tighter one. But that's gonna be a while. Ive got a bet wit my pops to see if i can keep the hood closed for 10k miles haha

rat49f6

Reaction score
Ill tell u what I got a bottle of jack that says u cant either... and no barbie doll bottles, big boy size only

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Right on, I hear ya on the fueling. My 250/200s seemed like baby sticks compared to mine after Nate got done with them. How loose is your turbine ? Ever think of tighter housing with a gate ?

Rat your a cruel man ahahaha.

rat49f6

Reaction score
Done... no uogrades or breakdowns right?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.