Airflow...CHECK

Marty

Reaction score
FWIW, adding a tighter housing with a gate that commonizes the uppipes = more laggy then a larger housing with no gate.

FWIW, adding a gate and commonizing the uppipes nets a 7-9 psi boost drop (even with wastegate provision blocked off), and about a 300 rpm response drop to an otherwise identical setup.

isootmypants

Reaction score
FWIW, adding a tighter housing with a gate that commonizes the uppipes = more laggy then a larger housing with no gate.

FWIW, adding a gate and commonizing the uppipes nets a 7-9 psi boost drop (even with wastegate provision blocked off), and about a 300 rpm response drop to an otherwise identical setup.

What about a smaller housing. No gate?

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
I'm surprised your truck is smokey. When I ran 350/200s on the puller and a billet 76 charger it cleaned them up to a haze on the road.

Cota

Reaction score
So Marty what is the proper way or location to add one gate? Thanks

isootmypants

Reaction score
I'm surprised your truck is smokey. When I ran 350/200s on the puller and a billet 76 charger it cleaned them up to a haze on the road.

First thing, swamps tunes are smokey.
Second thing, smokey as in getting the turbo to lite. I can cruise around and will have a slight haze. But its an art form haha. Tc locks, puff of black on decent acceleration. But if I'm not paying attention, i can be mistaken for a tow mirrors flipped honkey in his cummings rolling coal impressing his toothless buddies at the local turkey hill.

Like i said before, throttle is very touchy and responsive, which i like. And since its a larger charger, i wont notice the amount of fuel im supplying because it takes such a long time to spool.

Ive noticed i keep my eyes more on the side mirror to control it more than my eyes on my gauges

isootmypants

Reaction score
Update.

Went down to MD and VMP for race, went on the track, couldnt launch. kept stalling.

Finally got it to move 80ft off the line, still went thru at 104mph. I think its got some low 12's high 11's in it.

Was too lazy/fed up to check any hard parts on the truck while at the track, drove back to MPD shop, buddy Caylon said to check IPR nut...sure enough, backed off. Ran like a champ. Burned off a set of tires at the shop that night. Drove it back home from MD to NJ, nut backed off again.

Loctite and a nice 3/4 wrench tug, shes been good for the past 2200 miles. That was the whole touchy pedal issue haha. 4700rpm burn out, 2 days later, towed Corsillis 6.4.

Very happy. Very streetable now. 70mph uphill, 1100* slight haze towing 11k.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Update.

Went down to MD and VMP for race, went on the track, couldnt launch. kept stalling.

Finally got it to move 80ft off the line, still went thru at 104mph. I think its got some low 12's high 11's in it.

Was too lazy/fed up to check any hard parts on the truck while at the track, drove back to MPD shop, buddy Caylon said to check IPR nut...sure enough, backed off. Ran like a champ. Burned off a set of tires at the shop that night. Drove it back home from MD to NJ, nut backed off again.

Loctite and a nice 3/4 wrench tug, shes been good for the past 2200 miles. That was the whole touchy pedal issue haha. 4700rpm burn out, 2 days later, towed Corsillis 6.4.

Very happy. Very streetable now. 70mph uphill, 1100* slight haze towing 11k.

Reading that made me happy. :jammin:

Latest posts

Members online