And the 6.4 goes boom again.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
I hope if it is a piston it didn't score the cylinder at all and I will just throw a set of HD pistons into it.

I know you don't want to hear this but start looking for a short block. I went through this just before I was off of warrenty with my 08. Exact same thing minus the oil. I wants under as much load as you were.

We were on our way to Colorado for a dual sport race.

Where are you going the river?

me2

Reaction score
I know you don't want to hear this but start looking for a short block. I went through this just before I was off of warrenty with my 08. Exact same thing minus the oil. I wants under as much load as you were.

What exactly went wrong with your 08 ?

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Cracked #8. Cracks starting in 6, 5 and 3. Blew the glow plug harness right off the truck. Contrabution codes on the driverside bank and oil down the side of the block and on the fire wall. It was a sad day.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
I want to re do it stronger so I was thinking Elite HD pistons, Water injection to bring down EGT's even more, and add a wastage. I wasn't watching but I Would have to bet the BP was getting out of hand, wish I hit data log right after it started but I didn't think about it.

At the very minimum mod the stock pistons

When it blew the first time yes now no it wasn't.
Was it stock ?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
dam homie! that sucks.... sounds like my trip from my house in the middle of michigan to north of daluth Minnesota... hauled my fifth wheel up here and on the way i blew a tire that ripped the fender skirt clean off the trailer and put a big sent in the side of it right next to the awning support... then half way threw the upper peninsula my truck started making a funny noise so i pulled into a gas station and by then it was smoking white so bad i couldnt see my girlfriends blazer behind me... i took the valve covers off and found a bent pushrod... i figured sure as hell an injector took a sh!t... got it back together and drove it and within a few miles there was no more white smoke... runs like a top so far.... but as u know mine is a 7.3... i was just comparing our luck.... hope yours is the same but all that oil is scary!

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Well worst fear confirmed it's a hole in the piston. Took it apart last night in the camp ground and found all rockers intact.
9f12d2e8.jpg

Now I am in the process of figuring out how to get everything home. Once home I will begin the process to make it stronger and better then before.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Well worst fear confirmed it's a hole in the piston. Took it apart last night in the camp ground and found all rockers intact.
9f12d2e8.jpg

Now I am in the process of figuring out how to get everything home. Once home I will begin the process to make it stronger and better then before.

What a kick in the nuts Nick.

Why doesn't it ever happen 2 blocks from home when your on 2 weeks vacation.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Orange grove RV park... Thats where I stayed when I was in Bakersfield. Nice place.

Sucks your stuck there as there is nothing "close" but at least you have oranges.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Sucks it turned out to be a piston, hope the block is ok. I probably could have helped you out getting your stuff home, but a little short in the pulling dept.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.