Another pmr bites the dust..

TyCorr

Reaction score
My 03 had forged rods so Im not surprised....

I also know of an 02 that "for sure has pmrs". Leaked oil real bad. Helped my buddy change the oilpan for the guy. We were doing the prep, loctiting the oil jets. I took a picture of the conn rods and.showed.them to.the owner. "I knew it had them crappy rods". I looked at him like he was an idiot that he is. Told my buddy, "that truck has.forged rods, what an idiot".

Last edited:

Milford

Reaction score
Thats interesting. I have never spent the time pulling the inspection cover and looking. My motor has seen enough and never bent a thing or broke anything when it hydro locked. Its a PMR motor to me because I would rather just build a full motor then gamble on a forged one lasting.

7.3 Whitey

Reaction score
How hot was it tuned? I'm tuning with stockers and hopefully, if I Dont have to keep replacing hubs, track bars, steering links etc., I can buy a forged rod motor...:D

Black 02

Reaction score
Black 02s...
Its yours that I kind of question going any bigger than stock injectors. That's why I asked.

I had a "120hp" race tune from Jody. His tuning is pretty agressive. I'm probably gonna stay with him for awhile. Everyone will say mine blew up on an 80E tune, but it didn't. Never used the 80E tune.

I'm sure mine was over 400hp, but I don't know how far over. After adding the T-500 and the S468, it was a totally different truck. Way more low end torque. The stage II's had no smoke on the race tune when at WOT, so I know most all of the fuel was being used.

If I had to do it over again, I'd probably try Gearhead's tuning. He has a pretty good record with PMR engines.

That being said, there isn't a major tuner out there that doesn't have a blown engine on his/her record.

Some PMR's have taken a chit with just a chip. Pot metal rods. Garbage.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Started pulling the motor tonight, should have pics tom.

So if I pull radiator and IC and the first brace going across, will the motor come out if I put a come along on the front and tip it up ? Or does the headlight assembly and bumper HAVE to go

sent while looking at a hole in my block

David N

Reaction score
I didn't take the bumper out, but realistically, it would have been easier to remover the bumper ahead of time. I had to work around it, jump in and out around it, blah blah blah.

But yeah, pull the radiator, ic, headlights, and header panel and the brace going across, and it'll slide right out. LOL

David N

Reaction score
I fought them too. Theres some special way to take them out that I finally figured out, and then, pop. They came right out. But I can't remember how.

Google to the rescue! lol

Reaction score
fwiw i just grabbed them with pliers and pulled till they popped loose or broke only took about 10 mins but i wasnt worried about messing anything up

littleredstroker

Reaction score
No worries. Keep it alive while I'm getting the motor out. ( staying tonight till its out ) pics are Comming soon I promise. Smacked the oil pan And heard lots of clatter :)

littleredstroker

Reaction score
ysajevyp.jpg

When I was prying down to get the pan off, the whole side of this block was " spider webbed " instead of the pan going down, the block moved out. Pics didn't turn out. , more today.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370701331709.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370701331709.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 81
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370701372824.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370701372824.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 87
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370701389389.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370701389389.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 89
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370701411592.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370701411592.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 79
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370701460447.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370701460447.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 81

littleredstroker

Reaction score
This is how it looked when the motor came out ,
yhudyjah.jpg
..away from trans then straight up 8 inches. Then forward a foot or so, and straight up. Took 3 minutes from the time the bolts came out of the slots for motor mounts to when I was standing underneath looking at it. Not site why dudes have to pull the headlight panel, it was cake

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.