Another T4 thread

TMCCOY

Reaction score
I can't see your signature. What injectors are you running?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Here you go:

38R, PIS 175/80, T500, RR billet plenums, Fluidampr, Melling LPOP, 910 springs, AFE spyder, S&B Intake kit, PHP Hydra, CNC HPOP & Quad fuel feed, 6.0 cooler, Built trans & Billet converter, Warn hubs, TrueTrac, PMF traction bars, Flo-Pro 4" exhaust, H&H tank mod..

rhorsers

Reaction score
I just got the 366SXE and I wish i would have went with 364.5 with my injectors. 160/20 splits. But it runs like a drag/street truck normal, just kind of dead at low RPM towing or driving up hill in 4th around 45 up to 55 MPH. But I do plan on going bigger injectors. Street driving is great. Tons of power. 25 psi max boost right now. I went with Irates kit, very nice and it came with a good intake pipe and I got the s&b filter

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I have the s&b on my sxe. I got my kit from Carson Stauffer though. I had to cut the provided steel pipe, that goes from the turbo to filter. I think it's setup for an open element. But was able to be cut down to work with the s&b by both myself and "the brad". The 364.5 should work well with those injectors.

As I've stated in this thread several times, in my opinion then 366sxe pairs best with a minimum of 238/100s. In my second hottest tune, I cannot exceed 1250 in any condition. Loaded or empty. And as shown in the videos, my setup spools up very quickly.

You'll be very happy with the change to the sxe, if only for the quiet factor. You'll be amazed how easy it is to talk in the car and listen to the radio. You actually have to look at the boost gauge to see that it's working. (Though you'll feel it and see a clean tail pipe)

rhorsers

Reaction score
What is the flow comparison of 205/80s vs the 238/100s? Curious for my upgrade to larger injectors to pair with the 366. Also what is involved for changing head studs, valve springs, and push rods to support the power of this setup? Is it easier to remove the engine from the truck to change studs or can it easily be done with engine installed. I previously had the AFE stage 2 and the intake pipe I received from irate fit great with just the s&b filter leaving the AFE setup except the plastic tube from filter to turbo. Also, I have seemingly more black smoke now with the 366 than I did before with stock turbo. Is that due to the lag and would it improve with larger injectors?

mikeeg02

Reaction score
The brad has 200/80s and his pairs perfectly with his 364.5.

Who's tuning, and what size exhaust housing are you running?

I did studs, springs, and push rods in chassis. If I did it again, is pull the motor. It's doable in chassis. But I think it's actually more miserable.

rhorsers

Reaction score
******** tunes. .91 housing. Is there a way to tell by looking at the housing. I am only going off of what I was told when ordering and what was said to ship to me.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I can't remember from mine, but there should be either a part number or the size stamped on it. What condition are you experiencing smoke? Have you checked for boost leaks ?

Auto or manual tranny?

Because I'm a 6 speed truck and I can keep it pretty smoke free.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
What rpm? Are you stabbing the throttle, or just on normal accetation ?

Other then a small puff from the start, mine clean. You may ask for tuning revisions. I'm also running ge@rhead, and DD the #5 file (Or second highest). I can t remember it's name.

What tune of theirs are you running ? The all out can be Smokey on the bottom.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Also, I'm not sure what injectors correlate to needing to do clutch work. But the stock clutch will not hold 238/100s. Lol.

Edit: Also, depending on your goals, you may consider just downsizing your turbo. With more fuel and power comes the need for the push rods, springs, studs, clutch, fuel system, pumps, etc.

Whereas if you just downsized to the appropriate turbo, you're only out that. And then sell your old one.

Last edited:

rhorsers

Reaction score
Yes, definitely all needed to be thought about. Going by the names they sent me, economy is the smokiest at low RPM below 1600 but the most responsive. The tow tune seems dead with zero smoke in comparison to the other tunes. Honestly can't tell a big difference between any of the 6 at WOT. Most difference noticed is at the low end responsiveness and smoke at low(below 1600) RPM

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Ge@rhead tunes in general have less fuel below 2,000 than most. They are IMO the smoothest running for a DD type truck. I hate a touchy pedal. If I want it to make power. I'll stab the pedal or floor it. But for normal driving circumstances. I want to be able to feather the throttle and not have the truck buck in a parking lot.

From what you're describing, the responsive pedal tune will ultimately be Smokey until you get up on boost, though too much fuel down low will actually slow spool up. I've noticed I can roll into it at 1500 And it will come up to 10-15 psi (can t remember, it's in the video) smoke free. Though if I push too hard, I can make a lot of smoke, and the turbo not spool up like I wanted it to

rhorsers

Reaction score
Oh don't get me wrong, I love what I have so far over what I had before. Just not sure about the setup of the desperate tunes. The DD is the touchiest of all the tunes. It doesn't make sense to me that #4 position(street fury) and up to #6(all out) would be less touchy than the DD. And the tow tune is the least powerful but it's where I want my power

mikeeg02

Reaction score
The "DD" file probably just has a touchy pedal to make it feel responsive. Whereas their #4+ tunes for sure have their style of tuning, which has a soft roll in, and then hard on top. The main difference between them should be the pulse width on the big end of power. Though I did notice the #6 file can be smokey on the bottom, but its their race fil so its somewhat to be expected. But what I have found to like is the #5 file, for all around DD purposes. If you have any concerns with them, they are responsive to fix things to your liking. They went through emailing several tunes to find an issue I had, to get it all dialed in for me. Great bunch of guys to deal with. I even offered to give them more money because after they had it dialed in, and they said it was just part of customer support. Great guys for sure!

rhorsers

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I purchased the tunes from Irate when I purchased the 366. Do you think I could go straight to Gear head and bypass irate for tuning tweaks?

Latest posts

Members online