Another T4 thread

mikeeg02

Reaction score
If you give them your s/n and name they should be able to look you up. Sometimes its easier for tuning results to go directly to the source. That way the verbage doesnt change. And there is less back and forth.

rhorsers

Reaction score
Good deal. I bought this one new and it is never leaving. Knocking on 300,000's door right now. Only thing I wish i had done different is 6 speed and dual rear wheel.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

superpsd

Reaction score
I doubt the 366 with. 91 housing is too big. You likely just need tuning t weeks to dial in. No two trucks are going to run exactly the same when you consider the vast array of different parts and condition of your engine etc.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Good deal. I bought this one new and it is never leaving. Knocking on 300,000's door right now. Only thing I wish i had done different is 6 speed and dual rear wheel.

Kinda like the one I attached? Haha. And I just saw where you said you have an auto. So about the only time you should be able to make it smoke is lugging it while the converter is locked. Off the line with a .9 housing it aught to run like a rocket. I'd look for boost leaks, and ask about your tunes.

Attachments

• 20170219_100957.jpg
    20170219_100957.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 67

rhorsers

Reaction score
Yes!!! Exactly like that one. Nice truck! It does run like a rocket off the line but smokes the whole way in every tune. It's also a 3.73 gear.

TMCCOY

Reaction score
I have the s&b on my sxe. I got my kit from Carson Stauffer though. I had to cut the provided steel pipe, that goes from the turbo to filter. I think it's setup for an open element. But was able to be cut down to work with the s&b by both myself and "the brad". The 364.5 should work well with those injectors.

Thank you for the information. I would probably prefer to keep the S&B since it is nice and quieter than an open element.

So, does the WG that comes with the SXE work well enough and does it use the factory plumbing and controlling mechanisms?

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I would probably prefer to keep the S&B since it is nice and quieter than an open element.

So, does the WG that comes with the SXE work well enough and does it use the factory plumbing and controlling mechanisms?

I think only one place makes a custom internal gate in a t4 for the sxe turbo. If you want it gated, most get it built into the up pipes. I know irate offers them. I attached a picture of my s&b with my t4.

There are a few places that offer an internally gated housing for them, but they are t3.

Attachments

• 20170605_194902.jpg
    20170605_194902.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 83

rhorsers

Reaction score
Hey mikeeg02, what exhaust are you running? Where did the downpipe come from. I was running 4 in stainless Sinister before the 366 install. No problems at all. Now I can't keep the downpipe that came with the 366 from vibrating like crazy on the frame

mikeeg02

Reaction score
My downpipe came with my kit from Carson Stauffer. It's a 3.5". The rest of the exhaust I built/put together. So it would be quiet. No drone, etc. From inside it's near stock. I may of had a spot that vibrated on the cross member. I think I used a long pry bar and dented the pipe so it wouldn't rattle on the bolt it was hitting anymore.

rhorsers

Reaction score
Gotcha. Do you think there would be any benefit with spool up/performance if I went from the 4" to 3.5" downpipe?

mikeeg02

Reaction score
There was an old thread a long time ago that said you got a stronger midrange with a 3.5. I never knew if it made a difference or not. But based on my track time /mph I'm over 500 up, shifting gears. And with a 1.0 housing, my back pressure stays in check. 40-45 psi of boost, ~65psi of back pressure.

rhorsers

Reaction score
I know DP Tuner sales a 3.5" with claims of more torque but Matt at Irate said the turbo creates it's own torque from the back pressure

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Mine runs 1:1 up to 40psi. Then I can throw more fuel at it and push the back pressure up. I'm not sure you'd notice and difference in changing your downpipe.

Latest posts

Members online