Another T4 thread

superpsd

Reaction score
BTW I am unsure of the accuracy but BorgWarner has a part listed as a gated .83 T4 twin scroll housing. Listed as for the larger turbine wheel.
BorgWarner 13801009034

Last edited:

Swaan

Reaction score
BTW I am unsure of the accuracy but BorgWarner has a part listed as a gated .83 T4 twin scroll housing. Listed as for the larger turbine wheel.
BorgWarner 13801009034

True , but that housing only has 1 volute gated. Also the exhaust outlet extends out a long way. Making it the ****s for fitment.
If I'm not mistaken that southeast housing has almost stock like fitment. So no modifications for down pipe.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I've been messaging them.

"Hi, Mike. Sorry for the delay in responding. We have several wastegated housings options for the 80/74mm wheel, but I would assume, since you're running the 1.00A/R now, that the T4-flanged housing would be of more use to you, as it's a near-direct bolt-in, with the outlet flange just being slightly (about 0.750") further from the turbine wheel hub, making it slightly 'longer' overall. That housing is offered in 0.83A/R only, with an actuator preloaded to 34.5psi. It is possible to fit other actuator canisters, if needed, but we don't recommend exceeding that pressure rating, as, at that point, backpressure can be an issue."

When I asked about the above posted BW part number.

"The housing we carry is exactly this part number. It's an O.E. BorgWarner housing."

Very helpful fellas

superpsd

Reaction score
There is always the option of machining a turbine housing and welding a flange to the scroll for a external gate. Granted an internal Bolt on would be simpler for exhaust routing purposes. Or just but a T4 kit with an external gate. For the larger turbine size they have a twin scroll .88 T4 housing as well it looks like.

TMCCOY

Reaction score
Just clicked the "confirm order" button with DP tuner for a 364.5 and CD T4 kit! I'll have a low mile 38R and other stuff to sell soon. Looking forward to the difference. Since relocating, I'm running ~520 miles a week DD and hope for improved DD and Tow!

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Oh I see the miscommunication! I didn't multi quote.

The second question about the exhaust housing was referring to:

Just clicked the "confirm order" button with DP tuner for a 364.5 and CD T4 kit! I'll have a low mile 38R and other stuff to sell soon. Looking forward to the difference. Since relocating, I'm running ~520 miles a week DD and hope for improved DD and Tow!

My bad :toast:

TMCCOY

Reaction score
The 364.5 DP sells has a .91 housing. I generally don't run past 2500 towing and rarely on the street, just the occasional once or twice a month thing. So, I think it should be ok, but I'm no expert. What day y'all?

superpsd

Reaction score
Should spool up pretty nice. If you want to try the looser 1.0 housing you can always just buy a housing latter and swap. The housings are about 140-160$

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
So if the BASB has a 1.10 housing whats turbine wheel size?

I did some searching and some say it's a 68 and others say it's a 71?

mikeeg02

Reaction score
The 364.5 DP sells has a .91 housing. I generally don't run past 2500 towing and rarely on the street, just the occasional once or twice a month thing. So, I think it should be ok, but I'm no expert. What day y'all?

I'd say run it and see how you like it. It would he nice to see a boost:back pressure gauge on a truck with a .9 housing. I know the 1.0 on a 66 is 1:1 to 40 psi. The gauges for that are ~$100, and pretty nice. If you order it direct, you can get a few options to make it match your others.