Any ideas??

Kind

Reaction score
I have noticed at about 1/4 throttle my truck seems to flatten off... So I did some data logging and found some odd numbers lol. The tune I am running is H&S 300 during data log but I noticed these effects on the lower 3 settings as well.

At 38% throttle my pulse width jumps from 1.7 to 2.7 then kinda jumps around. My fuel rail pressure eventually hit 23,000 but it happened to be at 1.4pw for a only a few milliseconds. I also noticed my catalyst temps were both at 932 the entire run... no matter throttle input. My MGP never exceeded 24.3 which doesn't make sense for my triples.

I am going to try my old KEM tune tomorrow to see if it's a tuner issue or something else. The trucks has ran better on the low end since I installed the MAF... obviously... But like I said it seems to top out and degrade some.

Anyone have any ideas??

madman1234509

Reaction score
I dont like how my hs jumps around either. It like goes, hits a flat spot, then takes off. Try some custom tuning. Call gearhead

Kind

Reaction score
I dont like how my hs jumps around either. It like goes, hits a flat spot, then takes off. Try some custom tuning. Call gearhead

Custom tunes are a priority for me. But since I don't own a pc I can't use MCC. Plus it is the weekend so it may be difficult to talk to a tuner.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I don't think you need a PC to do that tho. I think you can export to the sd card and then email him a file. Then he can email it back and you load it on the tuner without actually using Mcc software

Kind

Reaction score
I don't think you need a PC to do that tho. I think you can export to the sd card and then email him a file. Then he can email it back and you load it on the tuner without actually using Mcc software

Yeah, as far as getting custom tunes emailed to me you are correct... PC or Mac work.

tensixniner

Reaction score
How old are the H&S tunes your running?
I remember reading about a tuning update I think in Dec 2012 that smoothed out the power and shifting. There was a pause around 2200 rpm where the tuning was switching tables. I found the older tunes had a lot of throttle sensitivity as well.

Kind

Reaction score
I've been texting Dustin back and forth today... He figures he may have a solution, so he spent part of his day making me a tune with MCC. Me, being a dumbass forgot to buy a unlock licence:doh:

So come Monday I will purchase a licence and test out his tune.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I've been texting Dustin back and forth today... He figures he may have a solution, so he spent part of his day making me a tune with MCC. Me, being a dumbass forgot to buy a unlock licence:doh:

So come Monday I will purchase a licence and test out his tune.

shoulda hit me up prolly coulda taken care of it.

Kind

Reaction score
Today I noticed anything over 2500rpm and it's a dead peddle. So... 20% throttle and 2500rpm limit... lol. Man this truck is sure making the most of itself lol.

That was on the HD tunes. I decided to try the mild tunes... Fired the truck up... Pulled on the road and nothing. Literally the truck had just enough throttle to take a mile to get to 50mph. I'm stumped as far the stock H&S tunes go. I have been playing with MCC but I feel it is going to take a awhile before I know how to maximize that program.

Mike@Kem has been good with writing me custom tunes in the past, so I talked to him today and he will have something for me to try.

On a good note, with the little throttle I am able to use it sure feels like once the tune is figured out it is gonna move!!

Dr Smoke

Reaction score
I sense some frusteration buddy,

Be patient. You cant expect to do the modifications you have done and think a box tuner would do the job. To further that an H&S box tuner.

1. Get the custom tune in from KEM and then if you still have issues post some logs up.
2. A faulty High pressure fuel pump will really mess with your truck as well but usually is accomodated by a code when the FCA cant do what it is comanded to do.
3. Put a peice of tape or block off the custom wastegate outlet and see if it is dumping. Obviously it should not be releasing at 25PSI but who knows may be a bad diaphram or faulty gate
4. If you can do the same for the blow off valve.

Seeing the logs would probably help other guys who have seen these issues but get the tune in first.

pog

Reaction score
That was on the HD tunes. I decided to try the mild tunes... Fired the truck up... Pulled on the road and nothing. Literally the truck had just enough throttle to take a mile to get to 50mph. I'm stumped as far the stock H&S tunes go.

sounds like my truck when my tuning was ***ed up. matt at gh got it firgured out and had me rolling. this was when i switched to a nonvgt setup.

Kind

Reaction score
I sense some frusteration buddy,

Be patient. You cant expect to do the modifications you have done and think a box tuner would do the job. To further that an H&S box tuner.

1. Get the custom tune in from KEM and then if you still have issues post some logs up.
2. A faulty High pressure fuel pump will really mess with your truck as well but usually is accomodated by a code when the FCA cant do what it is comanded to do.
3. Put a peice of tape or block off the custom wastegate outlet and see if it is dumping. Obviously it should not be releasing at 25PSI but who knows may be a bad diaphram or faulty gate
4. If you can do the same for the blow off valve.

Seeing the logs would probably help other guys who have seen these issues but get the tune in first.

Lol, I'm not frustrated at all. I'm well aware it was going to take time.

Once I try out Mike's tune I can rule out the tuning factor either for or against. I mentioned to him today he will need to double what the MAF is reading in order to get the most out of the parallel atmospheres. That alone should multiply the positive effects I had by going from no MAF to plugging it in.

I'm under the impression it is all in the tuning...

Kind

Reaction score
sounds like my truck when my tuning was ***ed up. matt at gh got it firgured out and had me rolling. this was when i switched to a nonvgt setup.

I'm definitely looking forward to some custom tunes... Live tuning would be my best bet, but I'm a little ways away from anyone that tunes.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Lol, I'm not frustrated at all. I'm well aware it was going to take time.

Once I try out Mike's tune I can rule out the tuning factor either for or against. I mentioned to him today he will need to double what the MAF is reading in order to get the most out of the parallel atmospheres. That alone should multiply the positive effects I had by going from no MAF to plugging it in.

I'm under the impression it is all in the tuning...

i wonder if the dualing maps have an affect ?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.