Any ideas??

Kind

Reaction score
Well even if the airdog is maxed, the regulator on the fuel bowl delete could be bypassing it all. get a gauge on it and set the regulator to 15psi. the industrial should maintain 110s fine even with a huge pw.

I put a gauge on this morning. It was reading 10 psi so I turned the regulator up as close as I could get it to 15psi. It is at 14psi and that is only cuz the set screw is flush with the lock nut. Had there been more threads I woulda put it to 15.

The truck is till having a de-fuel issue tho.

I'm wondering if my set up is maxing out a sensor somewhere to quick for what it is use to? Would the fact I'm making 40psi of boost under 30% throttle be triggering anything?

Next question... What tuner wants to fly up here and tune my truck live lol.

madman1234509

Reaction score
It could still all be in the tuning. I dont know what really youd max out that would make it do that. There are tons of people running huge twin set ups and the few guys that have run their double compound set ups without maf problems. I dont see a maxed out MAP sensor being an issue that would cause this. What about a faulty ebp sensor or rail pressure sensor? Was the MAF rescaled properly? Id still talk to gearhead. They have fixed quite a few peoples issues with custom turbo set ups.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
As far as I know we can't rescale our MAF. Unless a tuner can, through MCC it is not available yet.

Kind

Reaction score
The MAF is turned off.

Yeah there is other big twin setups... That's what makes me believe I wouldn't be a maxed out sensor, but I had to ask.

I'm monitoring my EBP... It stays 1-1 with the absolute pressure until the MAP sensor stops reading at 37.

Also had the thought of a TPS being faulty. But that probably doesn't make any sense as to why it's fine at part throttle.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Seems peculiar if it holds bp correctly until the MAP hits its max reading. Could the MAP be faulty? Just guessing here. Need better brains than me. lol

madman1234509

Reaction score
I was going to say. Its kind off odd a map sensor stops at 37. The gauge factory in our trucks go to 40, and plent of people see 50+ on their tuners. I thought stock maxed out at 60 something? Maybe a faulty map sensor. Anyway to get someone with the right software to hook up to your truck and see how everything is operating

madman1234509

Reaction score
If he does at and the map reading just goes dead or goes nuts you have your problem. Im sure it can ser it pull fuel or drop rail pressure and it might point towards the cause as well. Also like i said before it may be worth a shot to call gearhead and see what they have to say. Never hurts to get a second opinion

mike@haller's

Reaction score
I put a gauge on this morning. It was reading 10 psi so I turned the regulator up as close as I could get it to 15psi. It is at 14psi and that is only cuz the set screw is flush with the lock nut. Had there been more threads I woulda put it to 15.

The truck is till having a de-fuel issue tho.

I'm wondering if my set up is maxing out a sensor somewhere to quick for what it is use to? Would the fact I'm making 40psi of boost under 30% throttle be triggering anything?

Next question... What tuner wants to fly up here and tune my truck live lol.

When you say defuel, is it still dropping rail pressure?Or just not fueling, when rail drops commanded mm3 will drop as well. I doubt your maxxing any sensor. To my knowledge if you were pegging a sensor, commanded mm3 will drop. But the factory ecm will never command a drop in rail pressure. Sounds to me like you either have a leak or you need a pump.

Kind

Reaction score
When you say defuel, is it still dropping rail pressure?Or just not fueling, when rail drops commanded mm3 will drop as well. I doubt your maxxing any sensor. To my knowledge if you were pegging a sensor, commanded mm3 will drop. But the factory ecm will never command a drop in rail pressure. Sounds to me like you either have a leak or you need a pump.

When I say de-fuel I mean it goes from peak rail pressure instantly down to 11-13k once I past 20-25% throttle input. At hwy speeds it won't make any rail pressure above 14k unless I back out of it to less then 15% throttle.

Other then that I haven't found any fuel leaks and I've been quite anal with checking for any kind of leaks.

I'm going to change my fuel filters and hope that fixes why the low pressure has dropped to 11psi after I set it to 15. I had some year old fuel in the tank when we fired it up which could've cause the filters to be plugged.

Other then that I'm waiting for Mike@KEM to look at my data logs to see if he spots any abnormalities. Posting such large pages on here never seems to work well, otherwise I'd put them up for anyone to look at. If ya want, pm me your email and I will send you them.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Pasting urls from photo bucket tend to be clearer and larger sometimes. What lift pump are you running again? If its an air dog with the regulator it may just be having trouble maintaining 15 psi, I think they only can regulate up to 15psi? There are a few things Id check:

Dirty Maf
Faulty EBP sensor
Tuning
HPFP
Rail Pressure Sensor

Even if your lift pump isnt completely maintaining what youre asking it to. I dont think it would just make your rail pressure instantly drop. I think it would gradually drop. Have you watched/logged your throttle position sensor parameters on the DD to make sure its not something as simple as that?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.