ANYONE have good results from the Steed Speed Manifolds yet?

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I just ordered a S467FMW single setup with SteedSpeeds from MPD so hopefully they work out. LOL I wish I could test them back and forth but it'd be too tough to do due to the custom up pipes.

steedspeed

Reaction score
I have another design worked out already and I have most of the machining done. It will ship to Elite this week and I will make a couple more to send to MPD, Aaron etc to get some more feedback. I still don't understand why some people have such good results and others have a bad result but regardless, if I can do better then I will give it a go. I've spent hours on this over the last week and have tightened the passage diameter down to a hair over the stock manifold size. Also I have made a 2 inch outlet due to popular demand. Passages meet at a very slight angle so they should flow well and compliment one another.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
They are going above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect with them...thats a stand up company

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I just hope the ones I ordered a few weeks ago will be the updated ones. I have faith in them to make things right.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I have another design worked out already and I have most of the machining done. It will ship to Elite this week and I will make a couple more to send to MPD, Aaron etc to get some more feedback. I still don't understand why some people have such good results and others have a bad result but regardless, if I can do better then I will give it a go. I've spent hours on this over the last week and have tightened the passage diameter down to a hair over the stock manifold size. Also I have made a 2 inch outlet due to popular demand. Passages meet at a very slight angle so they should flow well and compliment one another.

Whose had other results with these besides Elite? I keep hearing this mentioned and I've never seen the sheets or feedback on it. Glad to know that you are on your game to get something figured out. I want a set when that happens :D

91turbogsx

Reaction score
You know better than to ask that. But now it is out there, they will be the old design and three weeks late. LOL
If it works well with a single turbo setup then I'm fine with that. LOL I'm just curious more of the previous testing aspect. Some lose, some gain from what I'm reading. I would just like to know the differences in the trucks that gained versus lost. Why would they make such a drastic loss on Mike's truck? I'm not trying to say anything bad about SteedSpeed and they're products, i'll still be happy with my purchase regardless and if they redesign the manifold then I'll most likely update to the newer style. No big deal, it's part of the game. :D

I'm just also curious about the technical aspect of manifold design.

lubeowner

Reaction score
Product discussions like this suck. I put them on the black puller and am very happy with the truck. We have never done a comparison against any other manifold, like the 6.0. So maybe we could find more hp in this truck and that would be great. Maybe after this weekend of pulling we will can do some testing for everyone with the puller. On that truck we can change the manifolds and pipies on the dyno.

713Diesel

Reaction score
Product discussions like this suck. I put them on the black puller and am very happy with the truck. We have never done a comparison against any other manifold, like the 6.0. So maybe we could find more hp in this truck and that would be great. Maybe after this weekend of pulling we will can do some testing for everyone with the puller. On that truck we can change the manifolds and pipies on the dyno.

That would be awesome.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I'm glad they changed it to a 2" outlet, the reducing stuff to make up pipes work are a little excessive looking and 700+for up pipes is a little outlandish when a turbo is 650

Wayne

Reaction score
I'm glad they changed it to a 2" outlet, the reducing stuff to make up pipes work are a little excessive looking and 700+for up pipes is a little outlandish when a turbo is 650

Where do you buy a performance turbo for $650, the Chinese equivalent of Kmart? Good luck with that.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Just put a set on sun coast s 6.4 with a cast s471/83 .90 with dual pumps and 100% nozzle a and the highest egt we saw was 1390 from 20-110. Spool up is great videos to come. Truck is a ccsb on 38's with 24's. Can break the tires loose at 40

Sent by my Nexus powered by this (╯°□°)╯

Latest posts

Members online