ANYONE have good results from the Steed Speed Manifolds yet?

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
Inconvenient to the pocket book. Since the manifolds are not an Elite product what incentive is there to do the testing? So the PSArmy knows. Great! This is what I propose. Find 60 people who want to truly know what 6L manifolds do compared to 6.4 and Steedspeed, have them each donate $25 to a paypal account for Testing. Then we will do the testing and keep the $1500 and everyone here can look at the data.

Think about it.

Pull the trans. Remove tires and inner fenders. Spend hours cussing and fighting out manifold bolts. Complete the swap. Reassemble. Datalog. Dyno test. Wow! I can think of a million ways to better spend the time, especially from a business standpoint.

Seriously, not being a jerk about it, but that's what this costs us to do, and really why do we need to?

Our turbo testing is different, we have something to prove, our product. We are going to prove whether our turbos are better than the competition or not. I have no reason to prove that the manifolds somebody is gonna buy from the junkyard do anything for their truck.

didn't think about it not being a elite product. makes sense.

steedspeed

Reaction score
Steed, just out of curiousity what was the fix for the manifolds? Were they flowing too much and hurting velocity? Or was it the uppipes being incorrectly sized? I know you tried making different manifolds so im just wondering what was causing the issue.

I have seen excellent results with both the latest manifolds and also the previous ones which had bigger passages. I think for most street trucks it is best to go with 2 inch up pipes to maintain velocity. The dyno Tadd sent me shows boost that is way higher for the whole pull but power seems to hit a wall at top end which is probably the turbo becoming a restriction so a gate would help at that point. I'm sure that some re-tuning to suit the manifolds would also help. Tadd told me that the dyno run with my manifolds was much cleaner with less smoke so obviously they are delivering more air and sooner to burn the fuel as its added so I would expect a pretty good fuel economy improvement.

Gearhead

Reaction score
I would bet that the improved manifolds only make a difference when the turbos aren't at full song yet.... after that point, the turbos are the highest point of restriction of the exhaust system. Spoolup is helped by maintaining velocity and allowing some extra scavenging at the exhaust port before coming up on boost (this is where the SS manifolds should shine).

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
This was taken from Elite Diesel Engineering Website.

SteedSpeed20vs206_420Manifolds20HP_zps291d7e09.jpg

SteedSpeed20vs206_420Manifolds20Torque_zps4a70656f.jpg

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
One thing that I would say about this entire deal is that if anyone is looking to purchase the new design manifolds, GET THEM FROM ELITE AS THEY ARE THE ONES THAT SPENT THE MONEY TO SHOW ALL OF US THE NUMBERS AND HOW THEY WORK.

NathannialD

Reaction score
One thing that I would say about this entire deal is that if anyone is looking to purchase the new design manifolds, GET THEM FROM ELITE AS THEY ARE THE ONES THAT SPENT THE MONEY TO SHOW ALL OF US THE NUMBERS AND HOW THEY WORK.

Thank you Jerry, we apriciate the support and recognition for the time and money it takes to do these tests properly.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Thank you Jerry, we apriciate the support and recognition for the time and money it takes to do these tests properly.

Hay you bet bud. I am thankful for all the testing that you guys have done to date, and continue doing as well.

Dzchey21

Reaction score

I agree with you on that. Some wont agree but i do

08SUPERKING

Reaction score
What turbos were this test done on... I did read were is said on the shop truck so would that have been the red truck doing the testing with modded stock low pressure turbo...
thanks,

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.