ANYONE have good results from the Steed Speed Manifolds yet?

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
u9upe6yh.jpg

Sent by my Nexus powered by this (╯°□°)╯

lubeowner

Reaction score
Since no one has done a dyno test of 6.0 setup vs 6.4, I think mike should put stock back on and see what it does. I for one would find it pretty funny if the truck made even more HP.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
That's a valid point. The stockers could be the best. Who knows till you Dyno them right.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Since no one has done a dyno test of 6.0 setup vs 6.4, I think mike should put stock back on and see what it does. I for one would find it pretty funny if the truck made even more HP.

No way Jose I'm out. Tadd already plans on doing this , but I won't run 6.4 manifolds with big fuel.

lubeowner

Reaction score
No way Jose I'm out. Tadd already plans on doing this , but I won't run 6.4 manifolds with big fuel.
Because of what you think the flow loss is or because of the elbow? We all thought the steed speed looked like they should flow better and make more power. Duramax manifolds have the same elbow up pipes as the 6.4.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Because of what you think the flow loss is or because of the elbow? We all thought the steed speed looked like they should flow better and make more power. Duramax manifolds have the same elbow up pipes as the 6.4.

Because of the elbow. I'm switching back and I'm done. I've had enough fun for 1 week. Pulling the cab sucks.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
we are going to dyno very soon with 6.4 manifolds and uppipes. That way our baseline is what all other 6.4's start with.

what will be done to this truck, that your goin to use to dyno with??

just your basic add-ons? tuner, intake, exhaust, dpf/egr delete?

or how far from not stock will your test truck be?

steedspeed

Reaction score
Because of the elbow. I'm switching back and I'm done. I've had enough fun for 1 week. Pulling the cab sucks.

The elbow on Godzilla was 2.5 inch right? How laggy was that truck with my manifolds? Was it useable on the road? Did you ever get a peak number from the dyno before it bent a rod?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The elbow on Godzilla was 2.5 inch right? How laggy was that truck with my manifolds? Was it useable on the road? Did you ever get a peak number from the dyno before it bent a rod?

im not talking about yur elbow, im talking about the cast elbow on the 6.0 manifold vs the stock 6.4 manifold. green truck didnt seem laggy to me at all.

great450

Reaction score
elite diesel vs steed speed facts.

:nopics:
Greg told me that he did the other changes before the manifolds and was driving the truck with the other changes before he put them in. I specifically asked him that question in no uncertain terms and he was adamant that the manifolds were the only change. He also is running without a wastegate.

Hi I am Greg or (great450) the truck that they are talking about is mine. The reason I am doing the work is for longevity and fuel mileage. The truck has 4:30 gears and four wheel drive and getting 8 to 9 miles to the gal. This truck nevers sees rain or snow its a garage queen. So lets talk facts about it. First, I installed a Sinister EGR delete with a new horn boy that was fun, the job was done with the cab on. Second, I removed DPF & CAT I left the stock muffler on so it sounds a little better then stock. Third, I removed the stock air box and replaced it with AFE cold air intake. Real nice! Forth,I finally installed the brain, HS Performance MINI MAX. I was schooled by SPEED HOUSE PERFORMANCE, the salesman was CHAD, he was a blessing to deal with and a great help. Chad help me thru all questions that I had. At this point all work was done and I tested the truck. PS just as a point of fact I drove Pro-Mod 1/4 mile cars for 10 years and was racing for over 25 years. So back to me truck I noticed that the engine spooled up faster and power was great the EGT where lower by about 75 degrees and the amount of pedal was far less to depress to get that truck rolling. Fifth,I then spoke to Chad and ordered an AFE Intercooler. After installing it I then noticed my EGT's lower even more, about 125 degerees. At this point I was getting 16 to 20 mpg depending on the road. But a still wanted more for my truck I spoke to a friend thats works at FORD he said that the exhaust manifolds where a weak link with also the up pipes. That bring's me to Leen from Steed Speed I spoke with Leen for some time and the got recommened to Tadd from Elite Diesel.
I spoke to a salesman (no name) gave me info (not so good) so I bought the manifolds & uppipes. I then removed the cab from the chassis it was easy! While waiting for the uppipes and manifolds. When I got the manifolds they where Perfect just what I expected cnc made, great fit!! I went to install the uppipes well...... lets move on, after fitting the up pipes and getting them to fit and testing the truck I retuned the programer to lock up in forth and fifth gear I lost about 1.5 to 2 mpg but the truck spooned up faster. It was hard to keep the fuel peddle steady because it was hardly used. I went back to the shop and went and checked everything and took forth gear lock-up off I got better fuel mileage 17 to 21 mpg depending on the road spool up time was great no turbo lag at all. I have only great things to say for Steed Speed manifolds and they made my truck come from a dog something thats fun to drive. I also have a ZO6 2011 KNOW FUN. I will help anyone with questions on the job that I did. I never that posting before so please give me some slack. greg (great450)

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Under the thread there is a text box. Click on "Go Advance" When the new window opens, at the top of the text box there are tools. Select "attachments". A new window will open. That is when you select your pic for up load. Easy breezy.

Latest posts

Members online