ANYONE have good results from the Steed Speed Manifolds yet?

capt dong

Reaction score
i guess these are seat of the pants results?

how do you get 17 mpg on the low end with a f450 and 430 gears?

what size up pipes are they?

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
I normally don't post into a firestorm like this, but for some reason I can't help it. Here is my nickle on this topic. I would have to imagine that on a compounded truck, the effects of manifolds would be less apparent as you are using two turbos to achieve a desired goal. On the same token, I would imagine that improved flow from manifolds would be more apparent with a single turbo as it is working alone.

Chris

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
I'm still scratching my head on everybody's MPG's I can't even break 13mpg around town in an F250 3.73's 35inch tires..... Wtf?

capt dong

Reaction score
i drive like a grandpa and with my truck i average 16 mpg on a tank. its just hard for me to believe that a truck with bigger axles, 2 more wheels, smaller gears and tires, and 600+ more pounds can get 17 mpg on the low end.

capt dong

Reaction score
im not trying to argue mpgs. this whole steed speed seems to headed the wrong way the more things get uncovered and loses credibility. but its whatevers. i dont have a dog in this fight. im going 6.0 manis.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
can you explain how thats mechanically possible? isnt a taller tire required for a lower gear ratio for better fuel economy especially on the highway?

Taller is better and my tires are up sized from 225's. The shorter gear also means my truck doesn't have to work as hard/lugging at 70mph as a truck with 3.55's or even 3.73's. Im doing 2100rpm, 13000rp, 600egt and 6-10psi boost on level ground. The truck is barely working. Any faster then that and my mpg plummet.

great450

Reaction score
The taller tire is better for the highway because of roll out. but for the normal driving with hills I would belive that you might consider a gear change or a smaller tire. the larger tire also has a larger rotating mass which will bring down mpg on short hauls or hills you need gears to make up for the loss. you must keep your eng in the power band.

great450

Reaction score
Back to the real deal Steed Speed manifolds do work and work great! The real problem is tring to get the up pipes to work and fit on the drivers side. It takes time to fit and a lift to bring the body up and down. Remenber the heat from the pipes and the cab clearance. The pass side has its own problems with the fuel cover shield and the down pipe. I know I did that job! check out my pictures that might help you.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
So we will see this week it sounds like on the truth about the steed speed manifolds. Dyno don't lie. Can't wait to see the results of all the tests.

great450

Reaction score
So we will see this week it sounds like on the truth about the steed speed manifolds. Dyno don't lie. Can't wait to see the results of all the tests.
So what you are saying is that the test will start with factory manifolds do a pull then remove the manifolds an replace them with steed speeds and do a pull with out reseting any parameters is that what i am to understand?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
That would be correct. Elite Diesel Engineering is doing all the Dyno testing on them and were said to start this upcoming week.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
So what you are saying is that the test will start with factory manifolds do a pull then remove the manifolds an replace them with steed speeds and do a pull with out reseting any parameters is that what i am to understand?

Same test that was already done on a different truck.

Wayne

Reaction score
If that matters, and the truck doing the tests has a gate, allow we need to do is keep it closed. No big deal. I also think it would be valuable to have the gate dialed in properly before and after for an optimized power setup.

great450

Reaction score
I belive that three tests should be done. First, stock manifolds. Second, Steed Speeds manifolds. Third, Steed Speeds manifolds with a wastegate. That would be a fair test on all levels. I also think it should be on a stock engine with the best programer and all good add on parts. No dpf, cat, egr you know the rest.

Latest posts

Members online