Anyone interested in a DYI Billet 66mm OBS-E99 Kit

under pressure

Reaction score
correct, dieselsite 38R WW, billet 66mm inducer, 92mm exducer iirc (dont quote me on that)
*the stock 38R wheel is 66/88

Barders wheel looks different, like a BW wheel with the extended tip, which does work well in BW turbos.
its the idea of increased cfm through the stock frame thats intriguing to me..... should be similar flow wise to D66 and BD thruster and easier on the wallet as any 66mm bolt on with a comparable wheel will be 1500+ $ (turbo and billet wheel)

Last edited:

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
I'd try it on my '95 (swamps tunes, swamps 175cc, e-fuel, SRP1.1) and give you some feedback

...if you give me a significant discount for being a guinea pig ;-)

Last edited:

JD3020

Reaction score
Ugh, i've got a couple OBS turbo's laying around and the engine out of the truck. Wish i had the money to try this out. But i'm in for some results!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Debating on trying it out in the E99 with stage 1's. If I don't like it I'm just gonna toss on an s366. If I do it'll be nice to save some money.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Debating on trying it out in the E99 with stage 1's. If I don't like it I'm just gonna toss on an s366. If I do it'll be nice to save some money.
whats a 366 cost?
james can mod the housing and put in HIS 38r wheel.. or that along with the ported housing will be a nice complement to the stage 1s

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
Lol I love the Internet. Just "toss on" a 366... Not like that takes 10hours and a couple thousand dollars or anything...

Where do you guys find the time?

neverkickn

Reaction score
correct, dieselsite 38R WW, billet 66mm inducer, 92mm exducer iirc (dont quote me on that)
*the stock 38R wheel is 66/88

Barders wheel looks different, like a BW wheel with the extended tip, which does work well in BW turbos.
its the idea of increased cfm through the stock frame thats intriguing to me..... should be similar flow wise to D66 and BD thruster and easier on the wallet as any 66mm bolt on with a comparable wheel will be 1500+ $ (turbo and billet wheel)

Curious how a drop in replacement wheel can be larger than the one it is replacing.

NRHX2009

Reaction score
Its the same exducer where the wheel is flat on the back, But the blades extend past the exducer base of the wheel to a larger exducer blade tip. Hard to explain but there's room to do it.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Lol I love the Internet. Just "toss on" a 366... Not like that takes 10hours and a couple thousand dollars or anything...

10 hours? Really. I've installed a few T4 kits. It doesn't take any 10 hours. I can pop the stock charger off, pop out the obs fuel pump freeze plug, pull the uppipes off, install the T4 pedestal, and install an s366 in about 4-6 hours. The money I spend on my trucks isn't up for debate on an open forum.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score

have to go with vander on this one, in 10 hours I can have a motor pulled and back in, T4 kit isn't to hard.

Back on track. James is a great guy to deal with I'm sure this kit would work awesome with some smaller injectors.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.