Avg Egts with Hybrids and 38r

CSIPSD

Reaction score

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
hard to tell what temps you're running. looks around 700? If i dont have any boost or drive pressure leaks, What else do i need to check and eliminate? If i could get a list of things and check them off itd be really helpful

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
uhhhh nope... lol. Ill try that. Ive had a couple different 6637's on there in the past and I didnt noticed anything. But ill try it

TyCorr

Reaction score
uhhhh nope... lol. Ill try that. Ive had a couple different 6637's on there in the past and I didnt noticed anything. But ill try it

I take people maintaining their vehicles for granted when they ask questions about performance issues. My bad, but I assume everybody is proactive on a enthusiast site.

Im glad you said that....

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
i maintain this thing like its my child. Just because I haven't tried a new air filter doesn't mean that i don't "maintain" it. I live in an all paved area so the filter sees very little air born debris. Filter doesn't have more than 15K on it and i constantly check the intake tube for dusting and such. Its not like i just have a filter sitting there covered in 4 lbs of dirt and crap........

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Filter isn't the problem...turbo is get a bigger turbo like a modded H2e and then try some different tunes or tuner

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Filter isn't the problem...turbo is get a bigger turbo like a modded H2e and then try some different tunes or tuner

Not saying the type of filter is the problem saying the filter could be that dirty. Don't tell people that its not the problem when you don't know if It is or not, and he's try'd different tunes.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
15k miles even driving dirt roads won't clog a Donaldson.
Bean tested a Filthy Tymar kit on a dyno..made the exact same HP without any filter.

jngreen

Reaction score
Maybe your gauge or thermocouple reads higher on average than everyone else's too. Wouldn't it be funny if you are worried about nothing, lol? There are a lot of variables that can cause a situation such as this.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Maybe your gauge or thermocouple reads higher on average than everyone else's too. Wouldn't it be funny if you are worried about nothing, lol? There are a lot of variables that can cause a situation such as this.

Not egt related but my autometer trans temp is fakked. It doesnt do anything. Gets to.140 and hangs there.

Id make sure the probe is.good before I worry. Thats whats nice about a CTS, you can bounce numbers off one another.

jngreen

Reaction score
Not egt related but my autometer trans temp is fakked. It doesnt do anything. Gets to.140 and hangs there.

Id make sure the probe is.good before I worry. Thats whats nice about a CTS, you can bounce numbers off one another.

I always thought my autometer tranny temp gauge was screwed up, cause it always read low. The needle hardly ever moved, until I pulled a heavy load in 100 degree temperature in traffic with no air movement and high humidity. That gauge wrapped around to 200 degrees or better with ease and I started to trust it more. 140 degrees seems about right to me, depending in where your probe is. My boost gauge on the other hand, liked to get stuck on 0 till I would give her a tap or two. I guess the moral of the story is to not always trust your gauges. They can fail like anything else.

My v10 doesn't need them, lol.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
I know you're saying the filter can be dirty TYCORR, I'm just saying I've ruled out that variable. I've swapped filters in the past. EGT probe is about in the middle of the manifold as far as depth. I'd be relieved if thats all it was, haha. Is there anyway to pressurize the exhaust side of the turbo?

neverkickn

Reaction score
Yeah, you need a plumbing cap that you can slip over the turbine outlet where the downpipe connects. I would remove your egt probe and use that 1/8npt hole to plumb in an air fitting. Then add shop air and hit it with some soap.

Rodslinger

Reaction score
My Ex runs about the same temps as the OP's when towing, my eyes are almost always glued to the gauge. I know I have no leaks. Checked and rechecked multiple times, all good.
I think I'm just going to hit it some some water to cool it.
Now I have been wondering, could it be the gate on the 38r that's opening wrong?

Latest posts

Members online