B code v.s. Hybrid

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Could be. I think a B code is 248cc's stock, so a 200% nozzle and you've got a set of injectors.

To me that's part of the appeal of them. Get a good deal on a set, and add the cost of nozzles and B codes could be cheaper than hybrids.

For the most part the die hard B code fans stick by the injection ratio, which isn't a bad thing. It's just a limited top end injector.

And hybrids can be tuned to run as well on the street.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Could be. I think a B code is 248cc's stock, so a 200% nozzle and you've got a set of injectors.

To me that's part of the appeal of them. Get a good deal on a set, and add the cost of nozzles and B codes could be cheaper than hybrids.

For the most part the die hard B code fans stick by the injection ratio, which isn't a bad thing. It's just a limited top end injector.

And hybrids can be tuned to run as well on the street.

I see, so B codes are pretty large even stock! Yeah im hoping to try a set of them here soon.... Then ill know :thumbsup:

Gearhead

Reaction score
If you put 2 injectors in a bench and one was a hybrid and one a full b code with both being 250cc, 200% nozzles and everything else being equal. Put the ICP at 2500 psi (i just picked a number) and the pulsewidth at 2ms and see how much fuel was in the tubes after 1000 shots. Which one do you think put more fuel down in that 2ms? It will also be the one that makes more power.......

Gearhead

Reaction score
The B codes actually have a slight advantage with a 100% nozzle because the oil demands are slightly less that the limit of the oil side. 200% nozzles start showing the limits of oil flow.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
If you put 2 injectors in a bench and one was a hybrid and one a full b code with both being 250cc, 200% nozzles and everything else being equal. Put the ICP at 2500 psi (i just picked a number) and the pulsewidth at 2ms and see how much fuel was in the tubes after 1000 shots. Which one do you think put more fuel down in that 2ms? It will also be the one that makes more power.......

The B codes actually have a slight advantage with a 100% nozzle because the oil demands are slightly less that the limit of the oil side. 200% nozzles start showing the limits of oil flow.

Matt
That is based on the assumption that ALL the fuel is being burned in the cylinder, simply look at a 12V vs a CR. No doubt a hybrid can move a lot of fuel but you also have to back up and look at the overall picture. It's taken roughly twice the CC in a hybrid to what make a 100-150 more hp than a 250CC B code, what does that tell you. You also have to look at the application, a DD vs a race truck. 700rwhp is more than 99% of people will ever afford or try to achieved for a DD.
Reminds me of the gasser days, listening to the guys with big cams, big carburetors and big headers, big heads and so on, only to get outrun buy a simple street setup. Same mindset different fuel.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
How bout a curve ball? Stock DD OBS with 17* open exhaust, cold air and tunes. works daily races on weekends, no nitrous stock turbo. Maybe a IC or meth. Hybrids or B's.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
How bout a curve ball? Stock DD OBS with 17* open exhaust, cold air and tunes. works daily races on weekends, no nitrous stock turbo. Maybe a IC or meth. Hybrids or B's.

No curve ball, you stated your limitation, stock turbo.
AC's with a stock nozzle will be more than adequate.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Matt
That is based on the assumption that ALL the fuel is being burned in the cylinder, simply look at a 12V vs a CR. No doubt a hybrid can move a lot of fuel but you also have to back up and look at the overall picture. It's taken roughly twice the CC in a hybrid to what make a 100-150 more hp than a 250CC B code, what does that tell you. You also have to look at the application, a DD vs a race truck. 700rwhp is more than 99% of people will ever afford or try to achieved for a DD.
Reminds me of the gasser days, listening to the guys with big cams, big carburetors and big headers, big heads and so on, only to get outrun buy a simple street setup. Same mindset different fuel.

The trucks making big power with B codes are doing it at very low rpms. The only reason people are making the hybrids so big is that it is never good to stroke the injector all the way all the time. The 250cc Hybrid should be able to do everything better than the 250cc B code with a 200% and larger nozzle. These huge hybrids are just there to be reliable and ensure a complete refill at higher rpms. All that extra fuel can only be burned with nitrous since neither the hybrid or b code can really put that much fuel down in a time that is useful for fuel-only numbers. I mean common rail could make 800 on fuel on what we call 80% nozzles.

blackbetty13

Reaction score
Ok another curve ball on fuel only is 700hp obtainable with 350cc bcodes? If so what about 350cc hybrids.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
The trucks making big power with B codes are doing it at very low rpms. The only reason people are making the hybrids so big is that it is never good to stroke the injector all the way all the time. The 250cc Hybrid should be able to do everything better than the 250cc B code with a 200% and larger nozzle. These huge hybrids are just there to be reliable and ensure a complete refill at higher rpms. All that extra fuel can only be burned with nitrous since neither the hybrid or b code can really put that much fuel down in a time that is useful for fuel-only numbers. I mean common rail could make 800 on fuel on what we call 80% nozzles.
What is low RPM's to you?
exactly on the last part.
Ok another curve ball on fuel only is 700hp obtainable with 350cc bcodes? If so what about 350cc hybrids.
350 is overkill for either injector, 700 can be made with a standard 250CC B code.
I thought Thuglike is running SHO Hybrids from DI from way back?

Ya all 250cc's worth,:toast: and he is far from making use of that amount.

Gearhead

Reaction score
What is low RPM's to you?
exactly on the last part.
Less than 2500 RPMs where the motor HAS to be built to handle the torque.
350 is overkill for either injector, 700 can be made with a standard 250CC B code.
Why do you think the factory made more capacity than we actually needed? Otherwise we wouldn't be able to have any power gains with a stock AD injector with just a chip.

1. You can't guarantee an injector will fully return to 0 (TDC if you will) every time because of harmonics on a 1/4 mile pass so you need some reserve.

2. If you do fully stroke the injector, it is just hard on parts...