B code v.s. Hybrid

Charles

Reaction score
To recap:

Anyone who thinks a 250cc B-code is better than a 250cc Hybrid because it has a ~6:1 hydraulic ratio vs a ~5:1 hydraulic ratio for a Hybrid.... how then do you not simultaneously think a 250cc A-code is even better than the ~6:1 B-code with it's ~7:1 ratio???

If you people are basing your argument on the hydraulic ratio being greater, why aren't all of you running big ass A-codes or reverse hybrids...........??????????

:confused:

juniort444e

Reaction score
Sounds legit to me charles. Isnt that the problem the common rail guys have. If the pressure drops they lose power and what not. So if the a code and a higher ratio, i would believe it to have higher atomization which would equal more power.

I want to hear what HRT says, mr. know it all. :bowfast:

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
To recap:

Anyone who thinks a 250cc B-code is better than a 250cc Hybrid because it has a ~6:1 hydraulic ratio vs a ~5:1 hydraulic ratio for a Hybrid.... how then do you not simultaneously think a 250cc A-code is even better than the ~6:1 B-code with it's ~7:1 ratio???

If you people are basing your argument on the hydraulic ratio being greater, why aren't all of you running big ass A-codes or reverse hybrids...........??????????

:confused:

Charles
Revert back to reading comprehension skills 101.
Or learn How injectors work.

JDub

Reaction score
Just post a dyno sheet for B codes.

B-code chart...
798.jpg

Austin

Reaction score
I guess I am curious how a B code could make higher quality injection if it had the same nozzle and pressure at the nozzle was the same..

Charles

Reaction score
Charles
Revert back to reading comprehension skills 101.
Or learn How injectors work.

Man....

Reeeeeeeal simple. You plainly stated that you think the B has a higher injection QUALITY. Now us simple folk look at the two injectors and notice that the only difference is that one has a higher hydraulic ratio. It doesn't take us too long to wonder then.... if the one that Mr Lott thinks has greater quality is also the one with the higher ratio, then it must be that he thinks that hydraulic ratio allows the injector to function better. Next thing you know we start to ponder on why then he doesn't run the READILY AVAILABLE A-codes with an even higher hydraulic ratio still???

And he responds with _______ as his reasoning for not running A-codes when they have a higher hydraulic ratio than B's.... but running B's because they have a higher hydraulic ratio than Hybrids....

Come again?

If the higher ratio allows the B's to have greater injection quality than Hybrids.... then why on earth does it not allow A's to have even higher injection quality than B's???

The question is super simple.

When you get done with that one feel free to then figure out why reverse hybrids wouldn't be the injection quality champions of the 7.3 Heui universe...

Last edited:

Charles

Reaction score
I guess I am curious how a B code could make higher quality injection if it had the same nozzle and pressure at the nozzle was the same..

Or worse still.... when pressure at the nozzle is lower as it actually is with competitive nozzle sizes.

Austin

Reaction score
Is a hybrid more difficult to dial in at low RPMs vs a B code?

That's the only thing I can think of, but I don't know much about what is going on inside an injector.

Charles

Reaction score
Is a hybrid more difficult to dial in at low RPMs vs a B code?

That's the only thing I can think of, but I don't know much about what is going on inside an injector.

The hybrid actually has range... Meaning that when ICP changes, injection pressure actually changes... a lot...

On a B-code, as ICP ramps up the achieved injection pressure increase is very shallow, meaning not much change for a given change in ICP. It's flat relative to a hybrid. A hybrid varies in output dramatically in comparison.

This means you actually have to be able to write a decent ICP map to tune a hybrid truck running decent nozzles. If you can't handle that, then you will always think the B-code superior because you failed at tuning the hybrid. People that can't grasp this ride around and think the hybrid is lazy, smokey and doggy, when in reality they're just oblivious to the fact that they ASKED for too little ICP for the driving condition. With a B-code it picks up the slack in this area with the higher ratio, but when you actually ask for full kill, you realize the little wimp was already pretty much maxed, whereas the hybrid just keeps building more and more injection pressure as ICP comes up instead of flat-lining like the B.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Ohhh ok, so now i understand what those two words together mean.

He isnt on right now. But im guessing with a smaller plunger and bigger IP that the ratio is really high and atomization is even greater, but would need a tad bit more oil to operate compared to the average hybrid.

Charles

Reaction score
Ohhh ok, so now i understand what those two words together mean.

He isnt on right now. But im guessing with a smaller plunger and bigger IP that the ratio is really high and atomization is even greater, but would need a tad bit more oil to operate compared to the average hybrid.

You are Mr Lott are on the same page. When he gets back on, be sure and ask him why he doesn't run A's or Reverse Hybrids. I mean, if B's are better than Hybrids, then why wouldn't A's be better than B's, and Reverse Hybrids the best of all???

Don't let up until you get an actual answer out of him. I'll check back in the morning.

juniort444e

Reaction score
"why he (Mr. Lott) doesn't run A's or Reverse Hybrids. I mean, if B's are better than Hybrids, then why wouldn't A's be better than B's, and Reverse Hybrids the best of all???"

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You are Mr Lott are on the same page. When he gets back on, be sure and ask him why he doesn't run A's or Reverse Hybrids. I mean, if B's are better than Hybrids, then why wouldn't A's be better than B's, and Reverse Hybrids the best of all???

Don't let up until you get an actual answer out of him. I'll check back in the morning.

So, would a 4:1 hybrid be even better?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.