Ball Bearing turbo on a OBS

Baker42

Reaction score
:jammin:I just talked to Turbonetics, and they just released a bolt on turbo system for the 7.3. The kit includes up pipes, down pipe, pedestal, IC plumbing and a 66mm ceramic ballbearing turbo with an optional 72mm.
Boost is rated at 64 psi for the 66,and 84 psi for the 72
They told me it is intended for 99-03 trucks. Mine is a 95 and I know I would have to upgrade to larger plenums (Wide open performance makes a nice set)
Are the exhaust manifolds the same OBS to superduty? It sounds nice and a better option than a H2E. The kit retails for 2200 and comes with bellowed up pipes,and all stainless piping!! I wonder how much I will have to smash my firewall to fit the 4 inch downpipe? Comes with exhaust housings ranging from .63 to .91

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
The mounts have been around for some years now. I sold a few pedestal mounts before TN got greedy and jacked the price of the kit through the roof. I can get you setup with one of the kits for a very good price.

TN turbos are not what I would call ideal for our use. There are much better options available.

Baker42

Reaction score
What was the previous issues related to TN bb turbos? I would like to upgrade without spending to much money, is there a bolt on turbo such as an s400 that would work with a pedestal adapter? Turbonetics has one but they want 1000 dollars and the price seems excessive. who else might be able to supply the necessary adapter or pedestal without the price tag? It seems the piping and mounting kit cost more than most decent turbos cost,I would like some info on what some other guys are running. I only tow a couple of times a month but when I do its about 7-10k of plumbing supplies and equipment. I would like faster spool up and stock like EGTs. We live at 5800 ft. elevation.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
i was told these turbos won't work well with the 7.3...

something about the displacement of the motor being too big for them

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Thats the pedistal mount and up pipes... You will need a Y pipe, IC pipes, down pipe and turbo...

Your not getting all that from the great gods of Turbonetics for 2200 bucks. Thats the price they wanted for there complete kit... MINUS THE TURBO.

Latest posts

Members online