Ball Bearing turbo on a OBS

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
turbonetics uses the 68mm turbine wheel, for all three compressor wheels. "T-Series Ceramic Ball Bearing turbo with 76mm compressor wheel, 68mm turbine wheel, .84 A/R Turbine housing. Supports up to 800HP, 1200 ft/lb, 55psi. For highly modified trucks, this is the largest turbo for extreme towing and race applications"

Plus there's no addition for a wastegate?

Bair

Reaction score
My Murff mount looks excellent! Only downside is one of the bellows rubbed the head, sorta wore a hole.:shocked: And the price wasn't too bad, but I guess he's no longer in business.

moose99psd

Reaction score
turbonetics uses the 68mm turbine wheel, for all three compressor wheels. "T-Series Ceramic Ball Bearing turbo with 76mm compressor wheel, 68mm turbine wheel, .84 A/R Turbine housing. Supports up to 800HP, 1200 ft/lb, 55psi. For highly modified trucks, this is the largest turbo for extreme towing and race applications"

Plus there's no addition for a wastegate?

Not everything needs a wastegate intact most don't.

probably sent while working.

Reaction score
That's good to know. Jake has good customer service. Im not surprised he yanked the MIG lineup. Good move

You said it. Jakes customer service is hands down amazing. I'm not one for starting chit about other people or sponsors that support this site need to say. But talking all this crap when a guy hasen't even owned a set of up pipes relies on other people perspectives and pictures can stick it where the sun don't shine.
Just my .02 cents.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
You said it. Jakes customer service is hands down amazing. I'm not one for starting chit about other people or sponsors that support this site need to say. But talking all this crap when a guy hasen't even owned a set of up pipes relies on other people perspectives and pictures can stick it where the sun don't shine.
Just my .02 cents.

Meh... I may disagree a tad there. Pictures speak a 1000 words. You can dispute the he said/she said stuff very easily, especially if your ducks aren't in a row. Pretty hard to argue with proof.

What matters though is that the new line up isn't gonna have anything for people to gripe about. As long as jake stays up on QC there shouldn't be an issue in my book

Reaction score
Ok I can agree with you on that, but the previous pictures about Irates up-pipes were they looked like chit. Nothing was noted about performance. It was all based on looks. Did they leak? No. Did they perform? I know mine work and don't leak! and probably never will. Just saying most of the stuff I have seen and read are all based on looks on something that you will never see.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Ok I can agree with you on that, but the previous pictures about Irates up-pipes were they looked like chit. Nothing was noted about performance. It was all based on looks. Did they leak? No. Did they perform? I know mine work and don't leak! and probably never will. Just saying most of the stuff I have seen and read are all based on looks on something that you will never see.

Not necessarily. Those pedestal kits pictured see tremendous heat and have a little bit of weight hanging off the front there, So with an inferior, none penetrating weld like was pictured, you run the high risk of experiencing a stress crack, leading to mount failure and everything else bad associated with that. Looks may not be important to some but form and function go a LONG way with about 75% of the market. Nobody in their right mind would be happy about that work or would even think to run it unless they were to stupid to know better or figured it wouldn't matter because the rest of the truck looks like chit already. I've seen some kits with interior slag, and poor welds(what i mean by poor is, to much amperage and causing sag in the weld leaving it thin and brittle, or less than decent penetration across the joint) and I've seen others that don't look to bad but aren't anything to write home about. The TIG welded kits look good from everything I've seen so far and as I said already, Im not surprised that they will now be all that is offered.

Something to remember when thinking about welding. It takes less time to lay down a quality weld then it does a bad one....

Last edited:

bigjake0524

Reaction score
You sound like a pro about the mounts that are built. Have you ever bought one? The mig simply isn't the best to use for the process. The Tig is a much more controlled weld. Mig is still used where the 1/2" plate comes into play. There is no necessity for tig welding that. Make your point and move on. If that is your life to try and jump in every thread about me or that i start and run me down than I'm sorry you have a sad life. Some can change the ways things are done and others will just keep dwelling in the past.

This will be my only post in this thread. Sorry to the OP for all the garbage in your thread maybe a Mod will come through and clean it up!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i did most of the development on the TN kits, back in 05' . the mount kiit, to say the least, was the best kit i had ever seen, and i had only seen the DI 42 kit and the hypermax kit. that being said, you DO have a choice of ex housing on the TN kits, i believe its .84 and 1.0 , but i believe the wheel was a bit small. you will never see much over 50 lbs of boost, but drive pressure wasnt bad. if my memory serves me correct, i believe on the 66 we saw 47/52 and on the 72 we saw 50/57 , and on the 76 we saw 55/62 ... something like that, and never ran a gate. the turbo's made decent power, but with nitrous i went thru ALOT of the 76's .. they get oversped w/o a gate. i think i made 599/1150 on the 76mm on fuel, back in 07 .

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
You sound like a pro about the mounts that are built. Have you ever bought one? The mig simply isn't the best to use for the process. The Tig is a much more controlled weld. Mig is still used where the 1/2" plate comes into play. There is no necessity for tig welding that. Make your point and move on. If that is your life to try and jump in every thread about me or that i start and run me down than I'm sorry you have a sad life. Some can change the ways things are done and others will just keep dwelling in the past.

This will be my only post in this thread. Sorry to the OP for all the garbage in your thread maybe a Mod will come through and clean it up!

Huh? This isn't getting cleaned up because nobody is trashing you. Facts are facts. Sorry you are upset. There is a lot of positive being said with the negative. Nobody is out to get you Jake.

OSCS

Reaction score
de296a6b.jpg

43b008dd.jpg

5a9634dd.jpg

I'm no doctor but Jakes welds sure look good to me.. IMO For the money irate is the way to go. Don't let any of these other guys deter you, yes out of the many many kits jake has build a few bad welds were made.. Problem solved and this is one of his more recent kits IE December. Quality is great and the best customer service in the business.

I've heard nothing but bad things about TN so this is why I posted. Also Jakes kit is awesome so..

BW s366 gated

Last edited:
Reaction score
de296a6b.jpg

43b008dd.jpg

5a9634dd.jpg

I'm no doctor but Jakes welds sure look good to me.. IMO For the money irate is the way to go. Don't let any of these other guys deter you, yes out of the many many kits jake has build a few bad welds were made.. Problem solved and this is one of his more recent kits IE December. Quality is great and the best customer service in the business.

I've heard nothing but bad things about TN so this is why I posted. Also Jakes kit is awesome so..

BW s366 gated

Im happy with mine too!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.