Ball Bearing turbo on a OBS

moose99psd

Reaction score
HAVE YOU SEEN THE KITS? they look like a retard welded them.. not one kit that has been posted that I have seen has had good quality welds on them. Im FAR from the only one that thinks this. might be the only one to speak up again about it but thats fine ill be the bad guy.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Yes I have one of his kits on my truck and I will say the welds look great. And your also going off of pictures posted on the internet no actually experience :doh:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ive never seen one of his kits so I cant say. I hear nothing but good things about them so Im not sure if this claim is true or not.

Why doesnt someone with a kit, especially if its not on the truck yet take some pics and post them.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
HAVE YOU SEEN THE KITS? they look like a retard welded them.. not one kit that has been posted that I have seen has had good quality welds on them. Im FAR from the only one that thinks this. might be the only one to speak up again about it but thats fine ill be the bad guy.

If I recall correctly you went to UofR didn't you?

You know people, the University of Retards...:hammer:

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Tons of pics of Jake's kit in this thread. Some good, some terrible

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8145&highlight=Irate,+weld,+mount

If I bought one of his kits, I'd make sure it was TIG'd. Those don't seem to turn out to bad

Tig, Mig, Brazed... Who cares if it doesnt leak...

I have over 40k on the kit I built in my garage with my Miller 250... I am no welder but with enough sanding disks and such it looks good and best of all, doesnt leak.

If it doesnt leak and your not paying the $1200 bucks Turbonetics wants who cares...

This is only my opinion so take it for what its worth.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Tig, Mig, Brazed... Who cares if it doesnt leak...

I have over 40k on the kit I built in my garage with my Miller 250... I am no welder but with enough sanding disks and such it looks good and best of all, doesnt leak.

If it doesnt leak and your not paying the $1200 bucks Turbonetics wants who cares...

This is only my opinion so take it for what its worth.

Meh, to each his own I suppose. I like my stuff clean and without a bunch of boogers running the interior of the pipe from the welds

Remember joe, you get what you pay for LOL

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I have no boogers on mine... I looked.

But I agree to an extent, but just compare a few bad spots and a good kit for $800...

Or the Turbonetics for $2100...

I'll take the $800 kit myself (if I could not build one myself for about $200)...

Tom S

Reaction score
If that kit has as nice of pieces as it did when I saw them several years ago at the factory they were nice quality.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Well Jake has built tons of those kits. Lots and lots of happy customers. A couple bad ones slip through and they get posted so you think they're junk. Way to justify that one. He admitted the quality on a couple were starting to falter so he started tiging them to take care of the issue. Still trying to find the issue you're having here.

Short Bus

Reaction score

Yeah I've seen a kit, it's on my truck. Have you seen one on yours?:shrug:

Short Bus

Reaction score
Meh, to each his own I suppose. I like my stuff clean and without a bunch of boogers running the interior of the pipe from the welds

Remember joe, you get what you pay for LOL

Not all of us have your deep pockets either. I don't want it to look like a complete pos but functionality is more of what I look for. After all, who is going to crawl underneath your truck or remove your turbo just to look at the kit? Umm no one. Overall I preferr the irate kit over hyper max any day.

Latest posts

Members online