Ball joints and wheel hub discussion

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I've been getting Ford greaseable ball joints for less than Moogs and are comparable to XRF pricing. Just make sure you ask for the greaseable ones cause the actual OEM ones are not greaseable, more expensive, and don't come with any hardware. The greaseable Ford Motorcraft ones come with all hardware.

5c58fc9d.jpg

TyCorr

Reaction score
I had stockers for 100k. Changed em all to Moog and those were pretty much junk. Not the brand we all knew. I got some from the local tire shop I think they were made by walker. Called wildcats or bobcats(balljoints) those were awesome. Lasted another 100k. Did them two falls ago with cheap junk.from oreillys when I did my brakes and they are still working but ive only put 18k on it since then.

Im going to xrf for everything next round!

YoungMT Hick

Reaction score
Ok with all this talk about which ones are good or not I would like to know what is the symptoms you have been having to make it be the wheel bearings or ball joints that are going out? I am trying to figure out where i need to be looking for a shudder i am having on the highway.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Ok with all this talk about which ones are good or not I would like to know what is the symptoms you have been having to make it be the wheel bearings or ball joints that are going out? I am trying to figure out where i need to be looking for a shudder i am having on the highway.

Depends on if you feel it in your ass or in the steering wheel?

live life full throttle

YoungMT Hick

Reaction score
i guess more in the seat. it is pretty even on both sides. just a constant shudder on the highway, no specific speed, and no sound. just seems like the front end is bouncing/shuddering.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Another thing on the wheel bearings, if you have your window down it'll squeak as tye steering wheel is turned from side to side in drive or.reverse. Moving a little bit obviously. Also, when a wheel.bearing starts making those sounds, there is no amount of time. Ive had them disintegrate two days after the first hint of trouble.

I ran some "wildcat" bearings that oreillys used to have and they made balljounts too. Those were discontinued in 11 or 12 and now ive got xrf in my 00. Good so far.

rascal

Reaction score
x2 on the Dynatracs ball joints and fixed spindle.

Went with the WARN hubs though. Did not spring for the Dynalocs.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I think I'll be going with Spicers/ Reybestos for my next ball joint replacement. Haven't heard anything bad about them yet.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Has anyone seen Carli's new ball joints? They only have them for dodge right now but they are guarnteed for life like the dynatracs..... BUT..... If u have one go bad they do not send u a rebuild kit, they send u a new one free of charge! $200 a joint tho...

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
I have 15,000 miles on my xrf joints 5,000 stock tires 5000 14 wide wheels and 5000 with 12 wide wheels everything is good so far.

Latest posts

Members online