Bare minimum wiring to run a 7.3??

UNLIMITED_DIESEL

Reaction score
No matter how you do it its gonna be a PITA! We've done both harnesses, no pics sorry. Just trace down each fuse coming from the fuse block that you don't need and delete it. You'll be surprised how little it takes to run the truck.

If it were me, I would do as Jason suggested and use an SD harness, 4R100, and a PCS Controller for the transmisison.

Just my .02

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Thanks Ryan! I'd appreciate it!

I would like to eventually run a PCS. Especially since you can run paddle shifters with it! Lol! You can't talk me out of this one Jason! LOL

Nate I don't mind the work too much. I'm just excited to have a billet engine finally so I can get the full potential from these injectors!

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Thanks Ryan! I'd appreciate it!

I would like to eventually run a PCS. Especially since you can run paddle shifters with it! Lol! You can't talk me out of this one Jason! LOL

Nate I don't mind the work too much. I'm just excited to have a billet engine finally so I can get the full potential from these injectors!

Do what you want - but paddle shifters will not make you faster or more consistent.... both things that are nice in a race truck.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I will do pretty much anything you suggest, but I'm gonna get one eventually. Lol! I've always wanted one in a truck and I can't do it in a superduty. I can with the 78 steering wheel. Not giving in on this one! LOL

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
The first rule of a race vehicle - it doesn't need anything that doesn't make it faster, safer, or more consistent.

So do you want to race - or have "cool" buttons? :D

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Pretty sure you'll need to run a 4r100 if you switch to the SD stuff. Food for thought.

I have a complete factory wiring diagram book for a 1995 if you want it. Pretty sure its at my dads. I'll be back there on the 8th for Equifest.

Ur coming to leoti the wkd I'm gone

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

yotaneck13

Reaction score
Get a full harness. And a 4x8 sheet of cheap osb. Lay the harness out on this. Every place a plug branches off of the main harness put a nail oe screw and wrap that part out and pin it tight. This way you can strip the harness tape and casing. When you rewrap it. The legnths of all the wires will be exactly the same. And nothing will come up short.

sent while looking at my sled. since theres no freeeeking snow!!!!!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Yes. I want 1 cool button. I told you I'm winning this one! :p:flipa:

Its cool Ryan. I'm gonna put the built engine in my white one till I get the 78 done. At least that way I'll have a truck done for TS. So if I take a bit longer to get it right its not as big a deal. Just give me a holler when you head down!

Strokersace

Reaction score
Ur coming to leoti the wkd I'm gone

No, just to Wichita that weekend. Not sure when I'll make it out west again. When I do though, I'll let you know.

Its cool Ryan. I'm gonna put the built engine in my white one till I get the 78 done. At least that way I'll have a truck done for TS. So if I take a bit longer to get it right its not as big a deal. Just give me a holler when you head down!

Will do!

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score

Winning? If I was farther along in parts gathering I would show you who would win :D :poke:

(Please excuse the old pics - this has yet to make the journey to the HRT R&D Compound...... :D)

bronco_suspension_finshed_027.jpg

bronco_suspension_finshed_028.jpg

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Winning? If I was farther along in parts gathering I would show you who would win :D :poke:

(Please excuse the old pics - this has yet to make the journey to the HRT R&D Compound...... :D)

bronco_suspension_finshed_027.jpg

bronco_suspension_finshed_028.jpg

Not being gay, but I have massive wood right now, please tell me u r going to mechanical pump it

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.