Bare minimum wiring to run a 7.3??

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I'm trying to get the wiring done on the race truck and was wondering if someone could give me a cheat sheet. It would be awesome if someone had a wiring diagram with only the needed wires. I'm going to use switches for everything including the ignition. No key, turn signals, no heater/ac controls, radio, or anything. I want to run a power cutoff switch to the Pcm and fuel pump, and a push button for the starter. Also I want to keep the antilock brakes. If anybody has anything that could speed up the process would be helpful. Thanks!

Tom S

Reaction score
I think you truely would have to have the EVTM book on hand to get this right.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I think your best bet would be to grab a harness from a base model xl truck as it would have the least options. So les wiring. Basically dash an motor and ignition. The heat an signals you could leave out.

Just my .02

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Well I've got a good understanding of everything the engine needs to run. I've also got a pretty good diagram showing every wire in the harness. The problem is its going to take FOREVER to get it all sorted and figured out. I was hoping someone had done it already and could tell me how they did it.

dustinz85

Reaction score
you could do it like a buddy of mine did with a bagged hardbody... started the truck and started cutting wires, if the engine shut off, you need that wire LOL LOL

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Why are you using an OBS harness instead of a SD harness? Since you are starting from scratch, don't you think you would be money ahead to have some of the better tuning capabilities found in the SD computers? This is a race truck after all......

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
But.... Um.... Well.... I already have everything for an OBS. I'll have to buy a SD harness and electronics...... Ok. I'll see if I can find one and start over.......

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
But.... Um.... Well.... I already have everything for an OBS. I'll have to buy a SD harness and electronics...... Ok. I'll see if I can find one and start over.......

Will one out of a 2000 ex cab work? I have the computers and wiring harness

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Strokersace

Reaction score
Pretty sure you'll need to run a 4r100 if you switch to the SD stuff. Food for thought.

I have a complete factory wiring diagram book for a 1995 if you want it. Pretty sure its at my dads. I'll be back there on the 8th for Equifest.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.