Best tune for heavy towing?

08Tarheel450

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys. I think if I go with the SCT I can't go wrong. That way I can try Gearhead, Innovative and KEM plus still have my Dashdaq for monitoring or return to my Spartan tunes if need be.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
You will like Erics tunes. MY TC is locked at anything above about 35.
I dont know what hills you are talking about, but 46 to Paso the only time I droped under 55 is if the fan kicked in (even then it is not much below), or someone gets in front of me. That is on Erics tow tune.

I am going to try the Street tune the next time I tow the fiver, which will be to Napa in July unless a weekend trip on days off to the coast or something.

Let me know how STREET works for you.

corb

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Will do. I have some other stuff coming so I hope it will be installed prior to the trip. Intercooler, EGR Delete and new intake elbow. I am sure the Street will be just fine.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Will do. I have some other stuff coming so I hope it will be installed prior to the trip. Intercooler, EGR Delete and new intake elbow. I am sure the Street will be just fine.

Still havent had time to delete the EGR in mine either... Stock everything else as well. I have three projects ongoing... the 250, the 2000 Road King (now a road glide...) and my boat. I need to finish at least one of them before I get hot on another... LOL

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I am in the same place.
Decided to change my Impala back (yes I said back) to a 6-Speed Manual.
The 11 R1.
The dually.
Damn this can get expensive.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
I am in the same place.
Decided to change my Impala back (yes I said back) to a 6-Speed Manual.
The 11 R1.
The dually.
Damn this can get expensive.

Yup... this one is almost done.... I tore it to the frame, and started all over.... LOL A 2000 Road King Standard, and now it has a 2008 Road Glide fairing (from a crashed bike) .... It will be rolling down the PC Highway in late September...

The boat.... LOL well, someone gave it to me, a 1978 21 foot Bayliner Cuddy Cabin, with a blown motor..... so, it is getting some rebuild action too! And small turbo.... LOL

Attachments

• IMG_0786.jpg
    IMG_0786.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0099.JPG
    IMG_0099.JPG
    237.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0103.JPG
    IMG_0103.JPG
    206.7 KB · Views: 45

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
K truck ran great. Pulled well along side my 2012. Street pulled great but egts were a little high and had to back out a few times. Matt's tune pulled about the same as street but keep the egts below 1250. Both trucks were just below 30,000. I have to get him to adjust 5-6 downshift and will send him a email soon. This truck has 4.88 gears. Also sct and exhaust thats it. 186,500 miles. I'm sure the shifting is a little different than most trucks having the 4:88s

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
I run gearhead's tunes and couldnt be happyer. I havent pulled out dozer with them yet though they do great on everything else.

Latest posts

Members online