Big Oil and Big fuel not so big..

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
I can post a video when I get home from work today. My buddy is taking his scanner home today so I can get some numbers to know what im dealing with.

Yesterday the truck drove better than it did but today good lord it was like I had the T500 in again with the way it was bucking pretty good. I get to work about 8 miles away and I change a tune to see how its doing in the parking lot and it sounds like it goes on 7 cylinders. (Gearhead 350/200 tunes/ PHP daily tune/new GH test tune for the twin pumps) Ive been on the test tune that Matt had me use from a while back which is based on a 80 nozzle profile I guess. That's the best the truck runs, its responsive and smooth for the most part. Any tune today it was in today made it run like garbage and its real disheartening.

It also started like it had a single pump in it again, regular crank when the night I got it going and yesterday it was pretty dang fast at starting up.

dirk0

Reaction score
When it starts up cold, does it romp and die or act like it wants to die?

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
Could a throttle pedal cause anything weird like this? its not the original pedal its out of a 96 I think. I pulled out of my neighborhood last night and didn't realize it was in the hot tune. I took off a little hard once I hit the street and I honestly never would have known it was the "hot" tune, felt like It was the tune I did 450hp in

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Could a throttle pedal cause anything weird like this? its not the original pedal its out of a 96 I think. I pulled out of my neighborhood last night and didn't realize it was in the hot tune. I took off a little hard once I hit the street and I honestly never would have known it was the "hot" tune, felt like It was the tune I did 450hp in

Tps has been mention about 10 times.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
no load on the motor, coasting down the road when the motor is barley trying to move the weight of the truck, like excessive fuel and it will buck. not intermittent or cutting out. You can throttle right past it with no issue, so if I pulled a trailer all day everyday id be good to go but I was told it could be the 200 nozzle and a small oil pump

bad12jr

Reaction score
You need to get a scan tool on it something awful. Your shooting in the dark otherwise. 30 minutes of driving with one would probably get you in the ball park.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

mandkole

Reaction score
^^^ x10 need to eliminate issues rather than go back over the same ones...these things are often a puzzle when they are pissed

dirk0

Reaction score
Yep. Need to review the data. Otherwise, it is a guessing game.

dirk0

Reaction score
My old snap-on MT2500 with diesel insight has helped me log data more times than I can count. Not only reading codes, monitoring PIDs and capturing data to replay logged data for tuning is priceless.

Gearhead

Reaction score
no load on the motor, coasting down the road when the motor is barley trying to move the weight of the truck, like excessive fuel and it will buck. not intermittent or cutting out. You can throttle right past it with no issue, so if I pulled a trailer all day everyday id be good to go but I was told it could be the 200 nozzle and a small oil pump

It was never an issue of too small of a pump at part throttle. A notchy throttle at tip in is somewhat normal with a 200 nozzle. bucking however is something different. If the icp sensor is understamating actual ICP it can have this effect. I'm pretty sure i dropped your part throttle ICP the last time to try and eliminate this. How does it run at WOT?

littleredstroker

Reaction score

I have this same problem... With 100%s and adrenaline it Shouldn't be a issue .. that was with beans tunes.
I now I have gearheads sitting on the shelf ready for me to finish putting this motor in so we will see.

sent while staring at a windowed block

Last edited:

Gearhead

Reaction score
How could the icp sensor underestimate the pressure?

Op has a new sensor I think, but a lot of times the internals of the sensors leak and get oil on the "clean" side of the sensor and screw it up where it doesn't report the correct pressure.

boggerr

Reaction score
Did you get the Termies from Joey, or did you buy them used?
How many miles have put on the truck since doing all the work?
The bucking your talking about, is it when your light on the throttle just cruising or is it any throttle position? How is it when your taking off easy from a stop, feel like no throttle response then takes off all of a sudden?

Agree with everybody else, you really need a way to monitor it.

Tom S

Reaction score
I can post a video when I get home from work today. My buddy is taking his scanner home today so I can get some numbers to know what im dealing with.

Yesterday the truck drove better than it did but today good lord it was like I had the T500 in again with the way it was bucking pretty good. I get to work about 8 miles away and I change a tune to see how its doing in the parking lot and it sounds like it goes on 7 cylinders. (Gearhead 350/200 tunes/ PHP daily tune/new GH test tune for the twin pumps) Ive been on the test tune that Matt had me use from a while back which is based on a 80 nozzle profile I guess. That's the best the truck runs, its responsive and smooth for the most part. Any tune today it was in today made it run like garbage and its real disheartening.

It also started like it had a single pump in it again, regular crank when the night I got it going and yesterday it was pretty dang fast at starting up.

Are you sure it is not running on 7?

Latest posts

Members online