Black Magnum 2.0 assembly

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Starts fine now. With chip in, give some throttle, throws CEL. Pretty sure for too much HPO.

Took chip out and same thing, give it some throttle, throws CEL. But, cel light goes away at idle if you leave at idle.

I need a tuner to tell me if their tune (s) will tell the computer to expect more HPO than normal or tell the IPR to open more.

For kicks, I swapped the IPR and pigtail and got no difference.

Mechanic hopefully is coming tomorrow to see what his computer is telling him.

I don't think I got a miss but, I could pull valve covers to check oil spouts. If an injector isn't working, that could raise the pressure some I would think.

Who wants a video?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
The edge filter is behind the plug. I sure hope that is where my problem is.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
holy crap man.. stop taking parts off the hpo system till you can get a chance to get a good computer on it.. every time you do that, you introduce more air into it..

I am still leaning towards the hpo can't bleed off fast enough.. not sure on the non serviceable plug..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Magnum PD

Reaction score
From reading the info on the link, those are my symptoms but I still want mechanic to come with computer.

njjeep

Reaction score
How much throttle input do you have to give to make it throw a CEL?

I had a problem similar to this and it was my accelerator pedal. But I also had a code saying that it was out of range on the voltage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Once it got above 1500 rpm or so, it would throw the cel.

I made some progress. Mechanic came by, it had a P1211 code.

With the modified IDM from beans, computer was saying there was issues in it. That normal?

I went ahead and pulled the hpop out. Took out the non serviceable plug and the edge filter. There was crap in front of it. Cleaned it up, reassemble it and it made a difference. Doesn't throw the code.......as quick... but will still default to the 725 psi.

Just hoping I need to run it some more.

May need a new CMP sensor. Computer didn't like it also.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I have a swamps idm in my truck and have never thrown any codes related to it. I'm not saying that's a problem but that is strange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Isn't it higher\lower than expected?

I'm thinking your tunes don't have the inferred value toned down.

What's ICP psi vs voltage. Alot of tuners fake the ICP psi reading to avoid throwing codes

superpsd

Reaction score
Isn't it higher\lower than expected?

I'm thinking your tunes don't have the inferred value toned down.

What's ICP psi vs voltage. Alot of tuners fake the ICP psi reading to avoid throwing codes

It does not fake the ICP readings. There are parameters in the calibration that can be changed. These parameters are the ICP numbers and total error vs desired ICP which will trigger the DTC. The only way to fake the PCM feeback of ICP numbers would be to change the analog signal feeding back to the PCM by modification of harness or sensor. Of course what is really important is to have the main ICP desired mapped out with what a pump is capable of doing. You wouldn't want your max ICP numbers to say be set for 3300 when you have a small pump barely capable of holding 2800. Just a a basic example.

Last edited:

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Took truck to mechanic again. Still throwing the P1211. He also did a CCT and number 4 is bad, says computer. I can pull it, send to Tim and let him take it apart. But do y'all recommend to send of them all in?

Would one injector throw that kinda a code?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.