body shop hurt my engine.....

Wayne

Reaction score
Welcome to the world of flat rate. When you're paid by the job, and 99% of what you work on is stock, most people get in the mind set of rushing it, and if it comes back, nbd, my boss will cover it. It's pretty sad really. I regularly end up cleaning up other technicians' messes where they stripped out bolts, or just didn't bother putting stuff back together right because of the little extra effort it takes to take pride in your work. I see it all the time. People who care about the quality of their work no matter the field are hard to come by. I suspect most people on this forum are above average in their quality expectations partly because these trucks are freakin' expensive, just in stock form, making them out of reach for most lazy people. To afford one usually requires someone with a good work ethic. Expectations are even higher when it comes to modifying expensive trucks, so this forum is a magnet to people with high expectations of themselves and others. Maybe that's why I like it here. I enjoy surrounding myself with people who have high expectations. That, and it sure is fun to troll an idiot who thinks he knows more or better than you. ;)

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
I wasn't exactly being a jerk about all of this, but now...... screw it.

I think you're being a hypocrite and making snap judgments against the body shop, and you created this thread to try and gain sympathy from others because your own install wasn't done properly in the first place. I'm betting that the wreck popped loose your CCV, not the body shop, and they simply didn't notice because they didn't know to look for something like that regarding something so simple as a bed removal and install. If it was properly secured in the first place, it wouldn't have been an issue.

Let's get real about this. You started this thread saying that you were about to "get nasty with the body shop, as to liability for this new damage". You have insinuated repeatedly in this thread that the body shop did this on purpose, that they "cut" the zip ties holding the CCV and then intentionally moved it. This makes no sense for a body shop if the CCV hose was secured in place as you repeatedly claimed in this thread. In no way would it have interfered with working on the bed, and the body shop would have had zero motivation to touch it.

Which is why I said that you have stated in this thread doesn't match up or make any sense. There is no reason for the body shop to intentionally do what you claimed.

Use just a teeny bit of common sense here. If it came loose and the body shop didn't notice it, yeah maybe they are partly to blame. But if it popped loose that easily, maybe you're partly to blame too.

If you and others hate me for pointing that out, then so be it I don't care. I just think it's not smart to go after the body shop like that without getting the facts first.

"Thanks for your useless input, now move along..."

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Explain how I was wrong here.

The body shop had zero reason to move the CCV. He's claiming they did intentionally cut and move it.

Is it not possible that the wreck knocked it loose, not the body shop, and that they inadvertently didn't see it?

If that's the case, then wouldn't it make sense that it got knocked loose because it wasn't properly secured in the first place?

Just take the body shop processes step by step and tell me how I'm a "moron" in all of this.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
without getting the facts first.

The only part of your post that makes sense, but it only makes sense for you...

Yeah, because every one inch heater hose pipe, upon contact with a Scion, pops double hose clamps, wiggles off of a 1 inch stainless pipe, roughly 3 inches deep into the hose, and ravels itself from UNDER the frame and wraps itself OVER the frame, and camouflages itself, so that the guys re installing the bed, cannot see it, thus, making it my fault.

Man, you are stupid.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Explain how I was wrong here.

The body shop had zero reason to move the CCV. He's claiming they did intentionally cut and move it.

Is it not possible that the wreck knocked it loose, not the body shop, and that they inadvertently didn't see it?

If that's the case, then wouldn't it make sense that it got knocked loose because it wasn't properly secured in the first place?

Just take the body shop processes step by step and tell me how I'm a "moron" in all of this.

you are the poster child of a douche. get lost .

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
UPDATE:

The ford truck center that has it, is now taking instructions from FORD, and is about to take the passenger side head off of the engine, to check timing?

I have no idea how to check timing on this thing, but I would imagine that there is a simpler way... Maybe, due to the possibility that the crank gear moved, that going from the front of the engine is not going to yield accurate feedback?

But, Ford is leaning towards this thing needing a new engine, at this point, the bill from Ford is over $6,200... So I have no earthly idea how this is going to go from here...

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Welcome to the world of flat rate. When you're paid by the job, and 99% of what you work on is stock, most people get in the mind set of rushing it, and if it comes back, nbd, my boss will cover it. It's pretty sad really. I regularly end up cleaning up other technicians' messes where they stripped out bolts, or just didn't bother putting stuff back together right because of the little extra effort it takes to take pride in your work. I see it all the time. People who care about the quality of their work no matter the field are hard to come by. I suspect most people on this forum are above average in their quality expectations partly because these trucks are freakin' expensive, just in stock form, making them out of reach for most lazy people. To afford one usually requires someone with a good work ethic. Expectations are even higher when it comes to modifying expensive trucks, so this forum is a magnet to people with high expectations of themselves and others. Maybe that's why I like it here. I enjoy surrounding myself with people who have high expectations. That, and it sure is fun to troll an idiot who thinks he knows more or better than you. ;)

Yup, yup, and yup... LOL

heavydoc

Reaction score
If fvck stain would have quit offering his stupid opinion, this would still be about me trying to figure out how to get my engine running, as quickly and inexpensively as possible. LOL But no, this squirrely little tard box has to go on trying to justify himself...

:toast::whs:
I agree 100%. I have had to repair very shoty work done by less than compentant shops, it is not fun trying to figure out what they FVCKED up. It is even better when when you see something and think to yourself what the HE!! were they thinking, then show everyone at work take some pictures and wind up posting them somewhere on a forum.:rockon:

Diezel_Dawg

Reaction score
I wasn't exactly being a jerk about all of this, but now...... screw it.

I think you're being a hypocrite and making snap judgments against the body shop, and you created this thread to try and gain sympathy from others because your own install wasn't done properly in the first place. I'm betting that the wreck popped loose your CCV, not the body shop, and they simply didn't notice because they didn't know to look for something like that regarding something so simple as a bed removal and install. If it was properly secured in the first place, it wouldn't have been an issue.

Let's get real about this. You started this thread saying that you were about to "get nasty with the body shop, as to liability for this new damage". You have insinuated repeatedly in this thread that the body shop did this on purpose, that they "cut" the zip ties holding the CCV and then intentionally moved it. This makes no sense for a body shop if the CCV hose was secured in place as you repeatedly claimed in this thread. In no way would it have interfered with working on the bed, and the body shop would have had zero motivation to touch it.

Which is why I said that you have stated in this thread doesn't match up or make any sense. There is no reason for the body shop to intentionally do what you claimed.

Use just a teeny bit of common sense here. If it came loose and the body shop didn't notice it, yeah maybe they are partly to blame. But if it popped loose that easily, maybe you're partly to blame too.

If you and others hate me for pointing that out, then so be it I don't care. I just think it's not smart to go after the body shop like that without getting the facts first.
You truly are a moron. Just listen to yourself. Anyone who has been around this site long enough, knows Corb is not out for sympathy and doesn't do **** half assed. Get over your high and mighty attitude. Maybe a body shop is half assed and didn't pay attention to what they were doing.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

bluedge8

Reaction score
you are the poster child of a douche. get lost .

Seems ban worthy to me, he has not been helpful to this site in a long time, he just takes the opposite side of any conversation. his comments in this thread seem nothing short of harassment of one of our best members,,,,,,

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
You truly are a moron. Just listen to yourself. Anyone who has been around this site long enough, knows Corb is not out for sympathy and doesn't do **** half assed. Get over your high and mighty attitude. Maybe a body shop is half assed and didn't pay attention to what they were doing.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thanks bro.

last few lines from my original post....

"what in the hell is wrong with my truck now? I just want it running... I checked all plugs, removed and replaced the Cam sensor (what a pain in the azz....) and I have zero chance of swapping out the crank sensor (as I am not double or triple jointed)

Anyone ever seen this? Anyone know what in the hell could be the culprit? Is my engine most likely shot? Or is this a quick easy fix (not likely, as I am not that lucky....)"

Anyone who knows me, KNOWS that sympathy is not ever what I'm after... He is just trolling now. Fvck that dude. Hope we can get back on the subject now.

morepower02

Reaction score
Not that we are a democracy here but wouldn't banning a guy for opposing view points be wrong? It takes all kinds to make the world go round.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Seems ban worthy to me, he has not been helpful to this site in a long time, he just takes the opposite side of any conversation. his comments in this thread seem nothing short of harassment of one of our best members,,,,,,

Best? LOL Hardly... Thanks bro, I def appreciate it. But, I do recall a few threads that he was worth a fvck on, as far as good, well thought out input. Just not any of mine, because he dislikes me.... Sadface? No... LOL

But I am against a ban, if my vote counts... Just wish he'd fvck off, and quit mucking up my thread, with biased bull chit opinions with no validity.

sootie

Reaction score
Not that we are a democracy here but wouldn't banning a guy for opposing view points be wrong? It takes all kinds to make the world go round.

It's when they overstep that the issue is . Kind of like Gandy a few years ago. If Curtis stayed in p&r, I bet there would be no threat to ban. If he keeps messing up technical threads, I bet it will be a different story. Just my opinion of course lol

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
It's when they overstep that the issue is . Kind of like Gandy a few years ago. If Curtis stayed in p&r, I bet there would be no threat to ban. If he keeps messing up technical threads, I bet it will be a different story. Just my opinion of course lol

I stay out of P&R, mostly because chit stick is in there, so I leave him alone. But he attacks me, again, from his computer, def not in person... If he fvcks off, I def have no intention of following him in P&R, so he can go back to his antics, and believing he is infallible... He is def a fvck head, and it would be super nice if he would pizz off though...

bluedge8

Reaction score

:whs:

I hear ya Corb, so I'll back off :toast:

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
UPDATE:

The ford truck center that has it, is now taking instructions from FORD, and is about to take the passenger side head off of the engine, to check timing?

I have no idea how to check timing on this thing, but I would imagine that there is a simpler way... Maybe, due to the possibility that the crank gear moved, that going from the front of the engine is not going to yield accurate feedback?

But, Ford is leaning towards this thing needing a new engine, at this point, the bill from Ford is over $6,200... So I have no earthly idea how this is going to go from here...

Just reposting this, because we got derailed like a mo fo... Anyone got any input on this?

Latest posts

Members online