Bought a new project..check er out..

Viking

Reaction score
with a truck that light, the stock parts will take you into the 11's easily i'd think and still be able to drive it around on the street. mid to upper 600's (which is easy with spray) and you'll have a fast truck.

really? damn, I need to get rid of my 7.3

TooMuch03

Reaction score
I will vote for the 6.0 as well. I think it will be cheaper and definitely less complex. And, it should be easier to find.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
with a truck that light, the stock parts will take you into the 11's easily i'd think and still be able to drive it around on the street. mid to upper 600's (which is easy with spray) and you'll have a fast truck.

Hell yeah... A 6.4 with stock turbos + elites low pressure, dual pumps, 100% nozzles, ported intake, good tuning, and a trans (obviously studded and gated) should be a friggen animal.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
i was actually talking about a 6.0 haha. i know stonepusher has been 12.2 with spray on stock turbo, stock trans, and 225's. with a correctly matched turbo, spray, and trans...you're there (high 11's?) with a 6.0

windrunner408

Reaction score
I think I have to agree here. The 6.0 in that weight truck will flat out make it scream and I would think that the wiring would be a lot easier with one of those as well but I am not for sure.

windrunner408

Reaction score
I was gonna say, I thought the stock bottom end could handle A LOT of power. IMO if one was gonna use anything not stock, probably should just be the rods (I think is what I would do if I were building a motor). JMO and I too am curious what Shawn has to say.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I'd go with the 6.0 just because the truck already had one in it so it'll make things pretty easy to just drop in.

I still can't get over the price paid for that... I'll give you $500 for the bed alone if it's straight and rust free. :D

Viking

Reaction score
I'd go with the 6.0 just because the truck already had one in it so it'll make things pretty easy to just drop in.

I still can't get over the price paid for that... I'll give you $500 for the bed alone if it's straight and rust free. :D

No kidding!!!!! Where are all these deals and why can't I find ANY! I must have searched on various sites for 8 hours so far. Nothing under 2g's.

legionxxii

Reaction score
190s with a good turbo and supporting mods will put u around 550-600hp there is a guy named Adrian if i member right who custom builds turbos his stage 2 turbo with stock injectors and tuning put down just over 500hp on the dyno and has reports of people getting 20-23mpg on vivians tunes he has stage 1-3 turbos. They have less lag then a powermax and put more power down

windrunner408

Reaction score
Ok this is incorrect here. I know of Adrian and his turbos have NOT made 500hp on stock injectors (at least as of yet anyways on either a dyno or a track) so please dont go throwing out wrong information. He also only has 2 stages of turbos so far and is trying to develop a third. The fuel economy reports are accurate with the looney wild and yes they do have great response. These are great turbos so far but they have a little ways to go to make sure they are proven to deliver and hold up.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
^^^^ From a guy with a Adrian turbo no less. I would believe him.

The 6.4 In the 6.0 spot sounds like a cool swap.

But a high power 6.0 is needed to shut the ignorant folk up.

Latest posts

Members online