Broke/bent rods

swinky

Reaction score
yes...on 2 different trucks. stock bottom end before i dropped a lifter
Gotcha. Thanks for the reply. The lifters seem to always be what fails first in these things. I'm at 225k and doing lifters for preventative maintenance right now. Gonna spray it a little and hopefully have a reliable 11 second setup.

bnestock

Reaction score
Yea when I launched mine I forgot to lock my hubs and 4x4 didn't engage, it bounced off the limiter a couple times, I let off got traction hit the juice, bout midway down grenaded the turbo, no gate or anything.

thewrubelator

Reaction score
I like this thread, the idea around of ditching the 366 and going for a 475 has been growing on me, but havent found a whole lot of people running them, (except for Josh and a few other guys that have already replied to this thread.)

swinky

Reaction score
I like this thread, the idea around of ditching the 366 and going for a 475 has been growing on me, but havent found a whole lot of people running them, (except for Josh and a few other guys that have already replied to this thread.)
It seems pretty Damn hard to hurt the bottom end fuel only. What injectors are you running?

andrewsteelerford05

Reaction score

I run a s475 now and I am very happy with it. What injector size do you plan to run with it?

thewrubelator

Reaction score
Ya man it's starting to look that way. I just want to get in the 11s. I'm going to stick with Conventionals from MPD, something along the lines of 285/100 or 150 with a Adrenaline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score
Ya man it's starting to look that way. I just want to get in the 11s. I'm going to stick with Conventionals from MPD, something along the lines of 285/100 or 150 with a Adrenaline

I would do 285/100% nozzle if you stay conventional smaller nozzle to hold better pressure. 75/87/90 for turbo. I went 11.86 with 75/83/90 so you should pick up a little with the bigger exhaust wheel and still drive good.

thewrubelator

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking too, but wasn't sure. Also want to run as clean as possible, which is why I was leaning more towards 100s as well. And fuel only. No spray for this guy lol.

Last edited:

andrewsteelerford05

Reaction score
Yeah I would stick with 100 nozzles if you plan on running it on the street and keeping it Clean. What turbo do plan to go with? Barder, kc, bullseye. When you say 11s do you want to be high mid or low 11s?. Bushwood_6.0 is proven to be a 11 sec truck.. you will need at least a 285 or bigger injectors truck to keep you in the 11s on the 1/4 mile.

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking too, but wasn't sure. Also want to run as clean as possible, which is why I was leaning more towards 100s as well. And fuel only. No spray for this guy lol.

Just realized you have a reg cab. You'll be deep in the 11s. 11.5 or below with that setup. Honestly you could get 11s easily with 225-255/100s and a s468/87/1.0 an spool great and be a really fun truck. That's if you just wanted high 11s.

Last edited:

thewrubelator

Reaction score
Yes, reg cab. want mid to low, I'd be happy with an 11.3. I am going to a box BW and a billet wheel. That's why I'm not worried about spray, I know I can get in high 11s with a 468, I know if I got that I'd want something bigger.

Sorry for derailing the post btw.

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score
Yes, reg cab. want mid to low, I'd be happy with an 11.3. I am going to a box BW and a billet wheel. That's why I'm not worried about spray, I know I can get in high 11s with a 468, I know if I got that I'd want something bigger.

Sorry for derailing the post btw.

75 or 76/87/1.0 and 285/100s will get you there. What does your truck weigh? I'll be seeing what this 80 does Sunday maybe If I decide to race it one more time.

Last edited:

thewrubelator

Reaction score
It should! 11.3 or bust lol ya I saw in your build thread your doing the 80, wonder if the truck will run with that big of a single.

Latest posts

Members online