Broke/bent rods

swinky

Reaction score
Anybody break or bend a rod lately?

There was some very strong 6.0s at Rudys on stock bottom.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
got the red truck apart, 2 broken rods, last dyno number was 639 I believe, but that was almost 2 years ago. and miles of work between then and October when it blew apart.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Hp doesn't break rods, look at the big single turbo 6.4's some make 1k. It's torque and where you make it, Good tuning is important to making big power live.

Edit: just realized I'm repeating myself. Didn't realize I've already commented here, carry on.

Last edited:

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Another thing to realize... is how you are making that HP and what you are doing with it will change how long the rods will last. A lot of guys that I know bent a rod know exactly when it happened. Like... when they added another degree of timing, or bounced really hard off the line while spraying nitrous at the track, ran a new tune and had something "weird" happened, wastegate did not open, etc. IMO there is no "guaranteed" HP number at which these rod can hold to.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Swinky...you spraying because you neeed (relative term) more turbo? Or do you run the 366 to keep it super streetable?

Im stiiiiiill looking at trucks. I can get a low mileage 6l for about 40 grand less than a new 6.7. Thats a lot of cheese just to have a different engine. Would you use a powermax and 175/75 for a daily? Or go to a non vgt?

slc dzl

Reaction score
Swinky...you spraying because you neeed (relative term) more turbo? Or do you run the 366 to keep it super streetable?

Im stiiiiiill looking at trucks. I can get a low mileage 6l for about 40 grand less than a new 6.7. Thats a lot of cheese just to have a different engine. Would you use a powermax and 175/75 for a daily? Or go to a non vgt?

If it were me I'd skip the box powermax and go with the 364.5 to run with those 175s for your daily.

swinky

Reaction score

Just because it's what I have man.

The 366 and 190/75 combo is absolutely awesome. I just wanted a little more oomph to run 7.70. This thing runs harder than most trucks with 225s.

swinky

Reaction score

362 if it was me. Do an intercooler too.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Oh, ok. That answers my question.

I don't want that kind of setup. Maybe ill do some more research on setups. Id be ok with smaller injectors and a pmax i think.

Latest posts

Members online