Broke/bent rods

zshier17

Reaction score
^^... my 190/30's are currently in the mail... and the s362 is on its way in about 2 weeks. I'll be starting my thread here soon about the project. Haven't seen anyone run 190/30's with the 362. Talked to Matt, i know he ran 205/75's with it, so i wanna compare drive pressures with his.

But I'm going with the .91 exhaust housing so we'll see how far i can push the 62. I'm hoping it will be a pretty legit setup.

The goal is to test the 62 to its max with the 190's.. then switch to a 64.5 and do a direct comparison without any other mods.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
A 190/30 and a 362 would be awesome.

Thank you. Thats what I wondered. See if this deal goes through or not. I found an 07 cclb with under 30k on it. Camper puller. It sits and he drives it to the dealer for an oil change every three months. Its had 3500 miles put on it since January of 13.

White cclb with black leather interior. All the wood stuff was painted dark grey or hydrodipped. Bone stock with a coolant filter.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea. He is a little high yet. Truck is nice nit saying that but its an 8 year old truck at the end of the day.

crash86

Reaction score
I don't mean to derail the post, but if you get pictures I'd sure like to see! I always appreciate a clean 6.0 with black interior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
I didnt take any. It looks like every cclb lariat. Two others i looked at have this god awful light grey interior.

Jomax

Reaction score
I didnt take any. It looks like every cclb lariat. Two others i looked at have this god awful light grey interior.

I prefer light grey. You see every spec of dirt in a black interior. Wish ford offered it still. Hated the tan interior in the new trucks, so went with black.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
I like the black carpet and tan seats in the lariats.

Black interior is fine. Last three duramaxes had it. Our explorer has it. Im ok with black. Tan too. My 7.3 is tan.

No grey though. I just hate it,sorry.

Jomax

Reaction score
I like the black carpet and tan seats in the lariats.

Black interior is fine. Last three duramaxes had it. Our explorer has it. Im ok with black. Tan too. My 7.3 is tan.

No grey though. I just hate it,sorry.

Don't be sorry. Everyone has their taste! I just grew up with tan interiors lol. Got sick of it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I'm also going to agree with the s362. I tow light with my s366 but when I set the whole "racetruck" stuff aside and do truck stuff the lag is noticeable and I have to keep my temps in check.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Are you guys running any aftermarket intercoolers on these setups. I wonder how much they actually cool better on non-stock trucks. Like trucks with larger injectors and turbos. I can see the durability aspect but wondered about the heat reduction.

zshier17

Reaction score
stay tuned for my thread about 190/30's and an s362. I'll be putting an Alradco intercooler in it a couple months after i put everything else in. Should be able to do a dyno, a couple track runs(tranny willing), and some basic daily driving vital checks. Then i'll put the Alradco in and see what changes. Hoping it helps the 62 flow a little better.

Fox hunt

Reaction score
Excited to see the results. Eventually that's the setup I want to go with and your results will make the turbo choice easier

swinky

Reaction score
Are you guys running any aftermarket intercoolers on these setups. I wonder how much they actually cool better on non-stock trucks. Like trucks with larger injectors and turbos. I can see the durability aspect but wondered about the heat reduction.
I picked up a tenth with a new intercooler.

Definitely worth it.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I picked up a tenth with a new intercooler.

Definitely worth it.

Did you notice a difference in how heat/humidity affects your truck with the intercooler upgrade?

I'm sure there's a little power to gain but my biggest complaint right now is how much stronger/cleaner my truck runs on my way to work compared to my drive home when it gets hot and humid.

Obviously it's always a factor, but I would love to mitigate it some.

swinky

Reaction score
Did you notice a difference in how heat/humidity affects your truck with the intercooler upgrade?

I'm sure there's a little power to gain but my biggest complaint right now is how much stronger/cleaner my truck runs on my way to work compared to my drive home when it gets hot and humid.

Obviously it's always a factor, but I would love to mitigate it some.
That's what the nitrous is for.

zshier17

Reaction score
Excited to see the results. Eventually that's the setup I want to go with and your results will make the turbo choice easier

i was going to put the intercooler in when i put my radiator in, buuuut i really wanna do this test to see what can be achieved. The idea is to get a No Limit intake, and the Alradco intercooler and just put the intake on when i get all my stuff done, then put the intercooler in, then take the No limit off.

I wanna see how much the intercooler helps, how much the intake helps, and how much both help together. Plus i think its a good setup since the 190's should be able to push the 362 to its edge of efficiency. Then we can see if and how much the intake and intercooler effect that.

Latest posts

Members online