Brute66 opinions

Jomax

Reaction score
Yea. Settling for a brute 66 isnt a great idea. Rebuild the stocker for a few dollars and stay the course.

Im not being judgy here so please take it with a grain of salt, just some heart to heart, but if you daily drive a diesel pickup and cant afford to maintain it Id seriously consider unloading it for something with less expensive service parts.

I unloaded my cclb 14 dmax for that reason. As soon as my life dictated I didnt need to yank an enclosed trailer down the road for 50k+ miles per year, I sold it. Expensive maintenance. Most parts give up after 60-100k miles of regular service, aka, towing.

Op, id rebuild that stocker, as said, and get the truck to work best as you can with it and keave it alone. You can wind up wondering where 5 c notes went swapping a turbo out and another style mount in along with a bigger charger.

Any reason,you chose a chevy for that purpose instead of a ford?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
38r could be a option for now.. So I need to find intake plenums, spider, pedestal and the uppipes?

I have some of those parts if you're interested. Was going to do the swap on e99 before I wrecked it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Any reason,you chose a chevy for that purpose instead of a ford?

Yea. A few.

First off, when i started mega miling with trailers on a daily basis, the 6l was in production. That was a no go. I had used off and on, an lly. I was ironworking and during slow periods i was doing the hauling thing. I was gone for a solid 3-4 years and when I came back the 07s were still out. I told them the little bit I knew about the 6l and I was given carte blanche to choose. I got a brand new lbz (07 "classic"). It was a great truck. It had 100k on it in two and some change years. It was around until late 2010. I got one of those "all new" 2011 dmaxes. I had it one calendar year and it had been in the shop for 62 days. I still managed 46k miles. I was offered a 12, brand new for 46k. It was not a POS at all. It ran like a raped ape and i put 126k on it until July of 14. The turbo was going out and the hpfp was too. Traded for the 14. Ran it 7 months, put 46k on it, and sold it.

Sorry for the length there but it was to point out the frequency with which the trucks were swapped. We had three to four other similar trucks going at one time. It was easier to have every truck setup identical for ease of use. Everybody on every job knew where everything was.

Another reason had to do with the height of the superduty. We had three short guys who already hated the 12+ dmax. They sit about 2" higher than the 11 and older.

Switching to a ford was a real consideration after the 11dmax but i bought the 12 myself and wasnt sure about the 6.7 in early 2012.

I never made it past testdriving a 6.7. I liked it but they never had a cclb or a xlt or lariat. Kr was what they typically had in the lot. Those wete right at 70k. I was getting dmax trucks for 46-52k.

They served their purpose. The lbz and the 12 and 14 were both a joy to operate. Buuut after i got hurt in February i discovered my back/rib pain issue was from the 11+ seats in the silverado. And after going 400k in them since late 2010, no surprise.

You see, those seats are made for small guys or if they are tall, better be lanky. Im not huge but from 10-13 I was 6'3 and 275...then taoered down to 230 something. Im just too large for those seats.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yea. A few.

First off, when i started mega miling with trailers on a daily basis, the 6l was in production. That was a no go. I had used off and on, an lly. I was ironworking and during slow periods i was doing the hauling thing. I was gone for a solid 3-4 years and when I came back the 07s were still out. I told them the little bit I knew about the 6l and I was given carte blanche to choose. I got a brand new lbz (07 "classic"). It was a great truck. It had 100k on it in two and some change years. It was around until late 2010. I got one of those "all new" 2011 dmaxes. I had it one calendar year and it had been in the shop for 62 days. I still managed 46k miles. I was offered a 12, brand new for 46k. It was not a POS at all. It ran like a raped ape and i put 126k on it until July of 14. The turbo was going out and the hpfp was too. Traded for the 14. Ran it 7 months, put 46k on it, and sold it.

Sorry for the length there but it was to point out the frequency with which the trucks were swapped. We had three to four other similar trucks going at one time. It was easier to have every truck setup identical for ease of use. Everybody on every job knew where everything was.

Another reason had to do with the height of the superduty. We had three short guys who already hated the 12+ dmax. They sit about 2" higher than the 11 and older.

Switching to a ford was a real consideration after the 11dmax but i bought the 12 myself and wasnt sure about the 6.7 in early 2012.

I never made it past testdriving a 6.7. I liked it but they never had a cclb or a xlt or lariat. Kr was what they typically had in the lot. Those wete right at 70k. I was getting dmax trucks for 46-52k.

They served their purpose. The lbz and the 12 and 14 were both a joy to operate. Buuut after i got hurt in February i discovered my back/rib pain issue was from the 11+ seats in the silverado. And after going 400k in them since late 2010, no surprise.

You see, those seats are made for small guys or if they are tall, better be lanky. Im not huge but from 10-13 I was 6'3 and 275...then taoered down to 230 something. Im just too large for those seats.
gm seats are made for small girls. they ***in suck very large donkey balls!!!!!!!

live life full throttle

TyCorr

Reaction score
Not the classic style seats, they are the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in! I can't speak on the newer ones...

I wouldnt try that one. They were just flat so they didnt support, nor offend the user. The seats now are molded. And horrible.

The seats in the lbz were ok. I do remember getting in my super duty and going "ahhhhh, thats better".

DocBar

Reaction score
This was a very good thread and answered a lot of questions I've had about turbos and injector setups. Also tuning.
After over 10 months of running the Brute 66, I'd go back to a 38R just for spool up times. And I'd change the ***ing wheels to make it quieter. 38R's are freaking noisy under load.

Latest posts

Members online