Bulletproof oil cooler install (teaser)

Snake

Reaction score
Tore everything down last night and dropped my heads off at the machine shop this morning. Already received a call back from them, and some more good news: no cracks, valves aren't leaking, and the heads aren't warped. They'll need to take .005" off to get them flat, and that beats the hell out of having to buy new heads. :rockon:

Snake

Reaction score
Holy crap. Heads are done. Anyone in the Tampa area that needs a machine shop should check out Eisele's. Now I just have to figure out how to get them back in my hands. They're open 8-5 and I work 8-5, and I'm 45 min away. LOL

Snake

Reaction score
I'm considering it. But bless my wife........she asked if I wanted her to go pick them up (she works four 12's and not M-F). :rockon:

Fantom

Reaction score
I just had HG's done, with an OEM oil cooler and BP EGR, not happy with the 7* spread I'm seeing. Hopefully I'll get a couple years out of this oil cooler before I have to go to the BPD one.

Snake

Reaction score
As mentioned, we also replaced the blown head gaskets and re-studded. This made life much easier......

2012-08-20_0072.jpg

Mdub707

Reaction score
Damn, your shiz is just as clean under the hood as it is on the outside. This was a cab off repair right?

Snake

Reaction score
100% cab on. :D

If you look at the firewall on the driver side, you can see where it's hammered back for clearance. It'll be hidden behind the firewall heat shield, and hopefully never seen again.

Last edited:

Snake

Reaction score
On a related note, I wish I would have thought to take some pictures of the inside of the Gogo manifold when I had it apart, but I had other things on my mind (like getting the truck back together). After 40k miles, the inside of the manifold was almost as clean as the day it was installed. Absolutely NO soot or buildup except for behind the last runners. My friend who's doing the majority of my current work was a Ford diesel tech and has cleaned dozens of factory intakes. He couldn't believe what he was seeing.

Snake

Reaction score
You know how when a girl gets engaged she shows off her ring to all her friends?

My friends, I present to you the 6.0 Powerstroke engagement ring.......

2012-08-20_0143.jpg

Snake

Reaction score
I had the exact same thoughts. For a lot of reasons, it seems accurate. My friends went "ooh" and "ahh," it's high quality, it's blingy, it's expensive, and more than ever I feel like I'm entering a committed relationship with my truck. LOL

Snake

Reaction score
Is this the cooler relocation kit?

Yessir. The OEM oil cooler "block" is replaced with the BPD unit pictured and there's an air to liquid intercooler that mounts behind the AC condensor. We're about 75% of the way through the install and once completed I'm going to organize my thoughts and pics for a write up.

I know it's been said before, but everything in this kit is top shelf. It's very apparent that no corners have been cut and the install has been straight forward with the exception of some self-induced challenges (like replacing one of the BPD fittings with a NPTxAN fitting for the EGR delete).

windrunner408

Reaction score
You know how when a girl gets engaged she shows off her ring to all her friends?

My friends, I present to you the 6.0 Powerstroke engagement ring.......

2012-08-20_0143.jpg

That is straight beauty right there and YES getting this kit definitely signifies that you are committing yourself to your truck. LOL LOL LOL

Latest posts

Members online