Clearance between RR lines and up pipes?

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
So I'm in the process of installing some new up pipes and while I was at it I decided to build my own regulated return lines..

Getting everything buttoned up now.. But I need opinions, does anyone foresee this being an issue?

39db76d49c13902d88ec268ce47267da.jpg

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Ehh not knowing details, I expected to see a 1/4-1/2 air gap. But it looks like it's resting on it.

Now both pieces are heat wrapped, so I think it would be okay. But fuel fires are real lol

ford rules

Reaction score
If their touching i wouldnt run it like that. You might have to go to a banjo style fitting and steel line like the offer in a strictly diesel kit.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Ehh not knowing details, I expected to see a 1/4-1/2 air gap. But it looks like it's resting on it.

Now both pieces are heat wrapped, so I think it would be okay. But fuel fires are real lol

There would be an 1/8" air gap if they weren't both wrapped.. Stupid bulky ass 90's

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
There is no way you can pull it out fo the way slightly using a SS tie wrap?

Im paranoid about stuff like that, it may be alright but I wouldnt chance it if it were my rig.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
There is no way you can pull it out fo the way slightly using a SS tie wrap?

Im paranoid about stuff like that, it may be alright but I wouldnt chance it if it were my rig.

Trust me I'm paranoid about my truck catching fire too lmao...

It's regular header heat wrap+ special dei 1500* heat shielding wrapped around a 90* aluminum elbow, that's what's touching, the braided lines are higher up and away which makes me feel a little better.

andrewsteelerford05

Reaction score
I made my own fuel system and for the back for the heads u got to careful and make sure everything is tight. I used fittings that has jam nuts on them and that fittings are 90 degrees. I have MPD up pipes and manifolds and what I did to make sure they would not be touching each other. I heated up the up pipes on each side where the fittings are and just dented the up pipes a little bit so there is clearance between the fittings and up pipes. I used all hydraulic lines for all my fuel lines works great.

ford rules

Reaction score
Call up strictly diesel and see if you can just buy their rear steel lines, that should solve your issues.

Heat a fuel dont mix very well lol

04cr450

Reaction score
you are ok, that's how my setup is and ive see 1500* egts daily for the last 2 years and there isn't even a burn mark on the heat wrap. Hope this helps

ford rules

Reaction score
Think about it like this, if you got your truck back from any shop and they did the install what would you think if they left it like that? I wouldnt be happy with that. Your relying pretty heavily on that heat wrap to keep heat away from the fuel line.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Think about it like this, if you got your truck back from any shop and they did the install what would you think if they left it like that? I wouldnt be happy with that. Your relying pretty heavily on that heat wrap to keep heat away from the fuel line.

^^This is the question!

Extended Power

Reaction score
If the wrap around the fuel line is the DEI Velcro wrap, throw it away.
I used it on mine a few years ago, and when I removed it, it crumbed apart. The stuff is garbage.
Go and buy some spark plug heat sleeves, remove the internal metal ring, and slip them on. They work awesome.
No damage at all since using them.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
If the wrap around the fuel line is the DEI Velcro wrap, throw it away.
I used it on mine a few years ago, and when I removed it, it crumbed apart. The stuff is garbage.
Go and buy some spark plug heat sleeves, remove the internal metal ring, and slip them on. They work awesome.
No damage at all since using them.

It's not Velcro wrap. I'm pretty happy with the quality of it, it's much like what the oems use to cover wires that see high temps

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
you are ok, that's how my setup is and ive see 1500* egts daily for the last 2 years and there isn't even a burn mark on the heat wrap. Hope this helps

I know a lot of people use these earls 90* fittings.. I can't be the only one that's seen a situation like this

Six_Sloww

Reaction score

Honestly between the both of them being wrapped and if the shop told me they had success with this before I would feel better. If it was the stainless line I wouldn't consider it because the Teflon inside could melt, but this 90 fitting is all aluminum and thicker than most fittings.

Basically looking for someone who's used these 90's and want to see what their solution was

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
You said you don't have a regulated return ...?

Edited. He just told me he has the lines there just plugged off.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.