coolant leaking from head stud nut

psduser1

Reaction score
This might have nothing to do with Lincoln's issues, but I'm a big believer in sleeving the cylinders. There are cracks that magna-fluxing can't find. Cheap insurance, imho. Going .xxx over in a diesel just isn't the same as in a gasser. I'd rather stay closer to stock compression. Just my .02 worth.

Sonic testing is a better bet, and I agree with this statement in principle.

Oh yeah, I've got a solid 200s block , 95 model yr, if you do decide to do something, lincolnlocker. If that doesn't do it for you, I can help you out with pretty much any year. At a good! price, also.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Sonic testing is a better bet, and I agree with this statement in principle.

Oh yeah, I've got a solid 200s block , 95 model yr, if you do decide to do something, lincolnlocker. If that doesn't do it for you, I can help you out with pretty much any year. At a good! price, also.
thanks! ill keep that in mind when I figure out when im gonna tewr into it.. any of them punched 30 over by chance? lol..

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
For the time being pull the stud, clean the hole and put liquid Teflon on the bottom and reinstall.
is that the same as the pipe paste? I always thought that teflon was for lube and not actually a sealant? what about that tacky chit that some guys put around the freeze plugs and doesnt harden?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

golfer

Reaction score
...but I'm a big believer in sleeving the cylinders. I'd rather stay closer to stock compression. Just my .02 worth.

going from a std bore to a .040 bore would have very, very small effect on compression ratio...like tenths of a point.

you could have more of a change by increasing or decreasing your valve recesses (from stock)...among other things.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
For the time being pull the stud, clean the hole and put liquid Teflon on the bottom and reinstall.

whats the best way to do this? drain coolant, pull stud, blow out hole, apply sealant above the botom thread, spin in finger tight, put nut on and tq to arp spec, whatever that is anyway?

webb06

Reaction score
whats the best way to do this? drain coolant, pull stud, blow out hole, apply sealant above the botom thread, spin in finger tight, put nut on and tq to arp spec, whatever that is anyway?

No need to drain coolant. It probably won't leak through the crack until there is pressure from the coolant heat. Otherwise do just what you said. Clean out the hole with brake clean or starting fluid and blow out with shop air

dsberman94

Reaction score
I know where there's a couple t444e engines out here. Pretty cheap for the whole things too. Coming out to pa again?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
thanks man.

here is the leak. it starts leaking as soon as the truck is started. no pressure build up and it leaks...
mavehera.jpg

live life full throttle