Cutting and welding two HPOP res together

TARM

Reaction score
Big Bore,

You would not need to use a secondary pump but could use a hose from the block to get your pressure as well you have what dumping from the IPR. You could then have that feed back into your stock res. The idea is that the pathway used to get the oil to fill the standard res tends not to keep up especially if you send IPR flow somewhere else (oil pan). So kill a few birds with one stone. Instead of sending the oil back to the pan and then only having the oil from a hose off the block supplementing the oil feed back to the HPOP res combine it all into a secondary or staged reservoir. Have IPR go there where it can settle. Also feed from the block to that as well. The mix will further lower the over all temp and will add the LPOP pressure to the tank. Then have a hose line feeding from that tank to the stock HPOP res. You get cooled air separated settle oil plus extra flow from the block.

I am kicking around some other idea but this was something I had thought up to address some of the issues of the vol dual HPOP etc draw. I have not tested it thru or anything it had only made it to pen and paper at this point.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Tarm, I still dont like the idea of recirculating that much oil back into the reservoir, then back through the pumps and injectors without it going through the system to be filtered. However I'm going to keep thinking on this as you make some valid points.

Btw, the predictive text on my iPhone hates your name. LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.