Dallas @ HSM: Single Cab 6.7

getstroked27

Reaction score
After driving through your neck of the woods twice this past week, I can see you have a great area to test out products. Those temps look awesome!! I think our stock turbo 15 was right around 850-925 pulling those at 80, and we didn't have a trailer. LOL

strokin20

Reaction score
Was that boats ballast also full? I would have a hard time believing that thing weighs that much. Quick Google search top Malibus website shows the boat weighs 5600lbs with a 77 gallon fuel capacity. So I guess with a ton of gear, full fuel tank plus trailer, that wouldn't be too far out of the realm of realistic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Was that boats ballast also full? I would have a hard time believing that thing weighs that much. Quick Google search top Malibus website shows the boat weighs 5600lbs with a 77 gallon fuel capacity. So I guess with a ton of gear, full fuel tank plus trailer, that wouldn't be too far out of the realm of realistic.

Mine weighs more than 11 and the EGT's are pretty much identical. If you want to investigate let me know and I will send you the details.

Reaction score

11,000 truck and boat which I guess is probably closer to 14,000-15,000 including trailer based on your search.

strokin20

Reaction score
I was just a bit skeptical of the weight of the boat dry. But like I said, quick google search leading to Malibu's website, shows that with a full tank of gas, which is about 480 lbs, plus gear, plus 5600 lbs for the boat, plus trailer that 11,000 is a little more realistic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Sorry, I should have mentioned that was combined weight. Now my curiosity wants to go hook it up and see what it weighs exactly. I'm guessing 14,000-15,000 pounds.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Sorry, I should have mentioned that was combined weight. Now my curiosity wants to go hook it up and see what it weighs exactly. I'm guessing 14,000-15,000 pounds.

I would like to weigh mine sometime also it would be interesting to know. Sorta wish I had a dually for it... I can put 1100LB in just fuel....gagger.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
You probably know this, but search 'cat scales' on your phone when driving down the interstate. There are almost always some close.

I tow 25k gross (cat scale) when loaded medium. Could probably get it up to 27k if I put some more crap in the trailer and truck. Truck is 8500 empty, full of fuel.
10373078_10203451391677307_3668968211285930228_o.jpg

At nearly 60kmi now I know I'm due for a turbo before long and my shortlist is the:
H&S kit
or
the midwest http://www.midwestdieselauto.com/store/p210/StreetMaxR_65.5mm_2015_turbocharger.html.
'15 pump (stroker if possible)
downpipe
BD brake kit.

I'm leaning towards midwest's kit, but haven't made the decision yet.
But since I don't have the cash right now it's all moot anyway. :doh:
<-dreaming of a new turbo.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Those Work / Play trailers are pretty cool. I almost got one but decided to go a more traditional route.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Heavy little buggers though.
Quality, fit&finish isn't great either.
Did a factory tour, can see why. What a disaster area. From what I'm told the problem is industry wide though and the first year of a 'hauler there's a lot of details that need to be worked out.

That said, I do like the trailer a lot. It feels quite roomy, is pretty solid, my tiedown system is awesome, holds a lot of stuff, comfortable.
And my truck really has no problem pulling it and getting 9mpg running pretty fast.
It is a handful on a windy day even with an extensive antisway system.

TRUBBS

Reaction score
Did a little towing recently with the truck just to have a little bit of fun.

I towed a 25 foot Wakesetter weighing about 11,000 pounds from St. George to Salt Lake. There's one particular hill about 20 minutes out of St. George that we generally use to test product on. The hill is a long, steep grade between 5 and 7 percent and is about 10 miles start to finish.

Below are a couple of pictures we snapped of the PID's from that pull. Speed varied from 70-80 mph like it had nothing back there.

I was really impressed with the EGT's pulling that hill. We waited until we were about a mile from the top to snap the first picture and almost to the top to snap the second picture so you can see that the max EGT temp throughout that entire pull was (1097 degrees).

I want that boat!! :postwhore2:

getstroked27

Reaction score
Word on the street Dallas put down some impressive times today..... would you like to share with the class?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint guys but, it didn't quite go 11's. Seven runs between 12.05 and 12.10 and just couldn't get it done.

Attachments

• IMG_0408.jpg
    IMG_0408.jpg
    811.9 KB · Views: 102

Latest posts

Members online