Dallas @ HSM: Single Cab 6.7

Reaction score
Just a little bit of background on the track that we were at. It's an old retired airport that has a very slight uphill slope for drainage and the surface is less than desirable for holding rubber on the starting line. Similar traction as a no prep track- brushed concrete with a light mist of traction compound. Not bad for a 4x4 but hard on a 2wd.

There was a fine line between hooking up and blowing the tires off. In order to hook up, I had to launch the truck at a lower rpm/boost that just wouldn't quite 60' what it needed.

I made several tire pressure and suspension adjustments throughout the weekend and the 12.05 was the best it would go. We managed to hit our best MPH at 112.72 in a headwind, surprisingly.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Just a little bit of background on the track that we were at. It's an old retired airport that has a very slight uphill slope for drainage and the surface is less than desirable for holding rubber on the starting line. Similar traction as a no prep track- brushed concrete with a light mist of traction compound. Not bad for a 4x4 but hard on a 2wd.

There was a fine line between hooking up and blowing the tires off. In order to hook up, I had to launch the truck at a lower rpm/boost that just wouldn't quite 60' what it needed.

I made several tire pressure and suspension adjustments throughout the weekend and the 12.05 was the best it would go. We managed to hit our best MPH at 112.72 in a headwind, surprisingly.

Did you take the tailgate off?

swinky

Reaction score
Yeah you don't have the 60. The mph is there.

I've been 11.9 at 110 a few times.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

dseitler

Reaction score
That's a pretty good 60ft time for 2wd I'm impressed for sure. You top speed is pretty good too. I would have like to have seen a 1/8 mile time and mph to see what she was doing mid way. Great Job. Had to be a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Did you take the tailgate off?

The tailgate was off and on throughout the weekend as we tried to find a happy place between ditching a few pounds and keeping a little bit of weight on the rear end.

Actually, the quickest pass it made was with the tailgate and spare tire still on the truck.

Reaction score
That's a pretty good 60ft time for 2wd I'm impressed for sure. You top speed is pretty good too. I would have like to have seen a 1/8 mile time and mph to see what she was doing mid way. Great Job. Had to be a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, the track doesn't have any 1/8 mile provisions. Until recently, they didn't have any 60' timers. I'll post up more time slips once I can get to a track with all of the incremental times.

Reaction score
This last week I wanted to do some testing on the new Borg Warner SX-E line of turbos on my truck specifically. We ended up running the 64, 66 and 69 on it with great results. We are very pleased with the performance from each turbo as well as the drive-ability they retain.

Testing was done using the exact same calibration as the one used on our billet 64 setup so the only variable was the turbo itself.

Below is a dyno sheet showing the three turbos and how they compare to each other. Keep in mind that, although these numbers seem very respectable, they would generally be even higher on most dynos. Ours typically reads low but we use it for what it was intended for, and that's a tool.

Since we ended our testing with the 69mm turbo, I decided to leave it on there for a little while and see how drive-ability compared between the best case scenario turbo (our billet 64) and the worst case scenario turbo (obviously the 69mm due to it's size). I was impressed to say the least. Although, the 69mm probably isn't the best towing turbo compared to the smaller turbos, it is a riot when you get on it and very happy under normal driving conditions as the lag is extremely minimal.

Attachments

• SX-E Comp.jpg
    SX-E Comp.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 241

Latest posts

Members online