Diesel Power Challenge 2013; Who's in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

01PSD

Reaction score
It would be super cool to see one of the first "highly modded" 6.7's in this. Might be a big gamble as well though

blackbetty13

Reaction score
just out of curiousity when is it in 2013 do they have a set date already.

RedLine

Reaction score
I could have mine running in a week or two if I got motivated to work on it again. 6.4 .... 91/71/59 chargers, dual fuelers, 150% nozzles, 4r BTS, ccsb slammed 2" 3.31 gears 32" tires. A few other minor things and some shiney purple bottle.

RedLine

Reaction score
Free time has been hard to find lately. I'll just send a pic and app in and then realize I need to finish it, I'm one of those procrastinators/perfectionists who works great under pressure. Does anyone know how the 4r has worked out for Craig lately? I though it was a great idea when I got it in the spring but I have not heard of him doing anything a 5r couldnt do since..

Dave

Reaction score
I could have mine running in a week or two if I got motivated to work on it again. 6.4 .... 91/71/59 chargers, dual fuelers, 150% nozzles, 4r BTS, ccsb slammed 2" 3.31 gears 32" tires. A few other minor things and some shiney purple bottle.

Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne

Reaction score
I would love to apply for dpc, however the truck is far from ready. Maybe next year!
This is the proper attitude here:toast:
Free time has been hard to find lately. I'll just send a pic and app in and then realize I need to finish it, I'm one of those procrastinators/perfectionists who works great under pressure. Does anyone know how the 4r has worked out for Craig lately? I though it was a great idea when I got it in the spring but I have not heard of him doing anything a 5r couldnt do since..

Pressure is good, but preparation is great. I'd much rather vote for an 800 hp truck that's dialed in, and has been for a bit than a 1000 hp truck that just got thrown together in a rush. I still encourage you to vote, and get it done. Just be realistic about your preparation situation if you get picked.:thumbup:

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score

Pressure is good, but preparation is great. I'd much rather vote for an 800 hp truck that's dialed in, and has been for a bit than a 1000 hp truck that just got thrown together in a rush. I still encourage you to vote, and get it done. Just be realistic about your preparation situation if you get picked.:thumbup:

I'm right there with you. If history has taught us anything about this event is that it takes a dialed in and consistent rig. The ones with major build changes for the event that get tossed together just in time for the event are the ones that generally speaking have the most issues. Last year a last minute entry won - but there wasn't THAT much changed to it before the event - that is why it was able to go in and be a contender at the last minute and come out on top.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
We will be entering a serious fummins this year, but don't worry he's putting on his entry that he'd like to be put under the dodges. He wants to enter but not be hated for it. I really think this year they need to make it a little more fair to the out of town guys though. They don't have full blown shops and access to parts like some of the guys. This would just put everyone on an even playing fiel, I'm not saying it shouldn't be allowed.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Very nice on the fummins guy, requesting to take a dodge spot instead of one of Fords.

As far as your second comment, Clint at ATS has ALWAYS offered full access to ALL competitors of a bay. No matter who you are.
As far as parts go, bring spares. That is a pretty basic thing to remember going into this.

imelmo

Reaction score
Very nice on the fummins guy, requesting to take a dodge spot instead of one of Fords.

As far as your second comment, Clint at ATS has ALWAYS offered full access to ALL competitors of a bay. No matter who you are.
As far as parts go, bring spares. That is a pretty basic thing to remember going into this.

Industrial did too, at least the year I went.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Industrial did too, at least the year I went.

I've been to every dpc , and industrial opened their doors to you , TS always opens doors and leaves keys , and ats did the same. A certain shop might be doing it next year.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score

I have a TON of work yet to do and not enough time. Besides, I won't be able to afford a built trans till next year. I do want to at least give it a shot. A year of dialing in should give me some insight into what it's gonna do or even if its enough to try! We'll see how things turn out. Lot to do and learn yet

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yeah i totally agree, everywhere i have been the local shop has been more than willing the help in anyway they can, so thats not a good excuse. Plus last year elite let that big dodge from canada use the shop for the head gasket job, and they werent even apart of the event....

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah i totally agree, everywhere i have been the local shop has been more than willing the help in anyway they can, so thats not a good excuse. Plus last year elite let that big dodge from canada use the shop for the head gasket job, and they werent even apart of the event....

Some people just don't know how these events go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online