Diesel site HPO res spacer...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Has anyone running one experanced any leak issues? Any issues at all other then a well built product?

Just curious as I saw and have seen this on another site over the last few months...

Tuning tuning tuning the twins are fine dump the hpop res spacer and your oil leak will go with it. IMHO there junk. we talked about the hpop gasket and its very rare to have one leak? maybe joey will chine in but if the pumps are tight there wont be oil there
if you only have 1900psi and 20% dc the tune isnt calling for any more ICP thats why the dc is low. Call your tuner and have it fixed. Or stop by here and well get you some dp tunes

PM sent to phone buddy. I think your leak is at bobs spacer deal?.
We can get you fixed up

This particular vendor goes on and on about how bad this spacer is, however every single person I have talked to has nothing but good to say about it...

I also can not see how this spacer can cause an oil leak???

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
I don't think it's the type of thing you'll "notice". It adds volume to the res and gives a place to grab an oil pressure feed and return if needed.

V-Ref

Reaction score
I don't think it's the type of thing you'll "notice". It adds volume to the res and gives a place to grab an oil pressure feed and return if needed.

Shoulda been more specific. Any perceived benefit that you realized in your two trucks due to the above highlighted text? Sounds like no.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Seeing as the other thread is concerning mine...im fighting an oil leak and it's been a bitch to tell if its the res spacer or something else. That is all the quote was regarding. It adds two more surfaces that can leak plus fittings and ports.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

PSDEng

Reaction score
Wouldn't the logical thing to do then be to get rid of the spacer to see if that is in fact causing the leak? :gun:

2000wa250

Reaction score
Yes but am on the road....not really sure where joe was trying to go with this thread

Arisley

Reaction score
My thought on leaks. 99% of the time it is installer error. Did you use glue, did you use to much glue. Did you overtighten and squeeze all of the glue out or break the gasket? If a leak was caused by a manufacturing issue, they would all leak. Bob puts his products through so much testing, he would have found and corrected a leak.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Yes but am on the road....not really sure where joe was trying to go with this thread

Has less to do with your truck and more to do with a person bashing a product that does exactly what it says it will. And the only reason he does is because its from Dieselsite...

If Terminator made it, it would be the cats meow.

My thought on leaks. 99% of the time it is installer error. Did you use glue, did you use to much glue. Did you overtighten and squeeze all of the glue out or break the gasket? If a leak was caused by a manufacturing issue, they would all leak. Bob puts his products through so much testing, he would have found and corrected a leak.

Exactly. Bob doesn't rush anything out.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Shoulda been more specific. Any perceived benefit that you realized in your two trucks due to the above highlighted text? Sounds like no.

Benefit is higher capacity reservoir. May not be necessary in my DD, but I felt my race truck with dual pumps could benefit from the higher capacity. I also use it to feed the rear pump, instead of using a T fitting off the top of the res...and use it for the remote IPR dump. Very handy for my setup in the race truck.

As for the person with the leaks...doubtful that the problem is the spacer itself. It does give you more possible places to have a leak, but the problem is likely a bad o-ring and not the actual aluminum spacer. ID the location of the leak, replace the o-ring and it will probably be fine.

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Without the spacer, the feed port for the rear pump on a dual inline setup has to be the sensor port in the rear of the reservoir- that is 3/4 towards the top of the reservoir. On startup the rear pump cavitates due to the oil level dropping below that feed point, and until its supplied with oil again its pumping air-which is what you don't want. The spacer has a feed port in it, raising the reservoir and essentially feeding the rear pump from the stock location more or less. No shudder on startup from cavitation for me. And I don't have an auxiliary feed line to the top.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Joe your such a nut swinger...

You nailed me...

Sorry, I have so many products from Dieselsite I just cant handle it anymore... wait... hum... Well crap...

It appears the only thing I have from Dieselsite on my truck is the Tstat housing...

However I do have several things from RiffRaff, ITP, Diesel Innovations, Swamps, Isspro, Les Schwabs, Holset, Vibrant, AFE, S&B, MBRP, Performance Truck Products...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Benefit is higher capacity reservoir. May not be necessary in my DD, but I felt my race truck with dual pumps could benefit from the higher capacity. I also use it to feed the rear pump, instead of using a T fitting off the top of the res...and use it for the remote IPR dump. Very handy for my setup in the race truck.

As for the person with the leaks...doubtful that the problem is the spacer itself. It does give you more possible places to have a leak, but the problem is likely a bad o-ring and not the actual aluminum spacer. ID the location of the leak, replace the o-ring and it will probably be fine.

Without the spacer, the feed port for the rear pump on a dual inline setup has to be the sensor port in the rear of the reservoir- that is 3/4 towards the top of the reservoir. On startup the rear pump cavitates due to the oil level dropping below that feed point, and until its supplied with oil again its pumping air-which is what you don't want. The spacer has a feed port in it, raising the reservoir and essentially feeding the rear pump from the stock location more or less. No shudder on startup from cavitation for me. And I don't have an auxiliary feed line to the top.

So the product works, without issues and does exactly what it was designed to do? No way... Cant be...

Deputydog

Reaction score
173740498095224698_oDImfVbg_f.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.