Diesel site HPO res spacer...

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Pretty sure Bobs pump is as expensive as it is because it's built in extremely small quantities. Short runs of casting and machining are expensive. If he could make it and sell it for less, he would...but he feels that the market of people needing it is pretty limited and hasn't been able to justify a large run of parts.

I agree on the pump gear cover, which is why mine has a captured o-ring. The Driven Diesel HPOP Front Cover doesn't seal on the face of the front cover like the others out there.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Dave I just used a 45* #8 orb x #6 Jic flare....worked perfectly. I actually think my leak is from a failed front gasket or the push lok hose fitting from messing with it a bunch. When I get back it's probably going to be a quick day and a hose clamp and shell be all fixed up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

TyCorr

Reaction score
Hey 907Dave, is your motor that uncluttered in the truck? I hate the maze of ****e under the hood.

Reaction score
Pretty sure Bobs pump is as expensive as it is because it's built in extremely small quantities. Short runs of casting and machining are expensive. If he could make it and sell it for less, he would...but he feels that the market of people needing it is pretty limited and hasn't been able to justify a large run of parts..
I totally understand that ...a lot of work for just a little part...too the full puller's and the strictly racer's I'm sure there worth every penny...

Last edited:

907DAVE

Reaction score
Hey 907Dave, is your motor that uncluttered in the truck? I hate the maze of ****e under the hood.

Um, no.

Its about the complete opposite of "uncluttered".

IMAG_0167.jpg

If you saw all the hoses in the valley you would be amazed, but its not too hard to work on.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Barney ! :p

Ya Steve I guess you have a good point lol, didn't even think about that. I've tried working with both Dave and Jon@Swamps to get a few idle issues resolved. In a nutshell was told to pound sand as its not the tunes.

And I don't run DP tunes. Tried an 80e flashed pcm back in and the outcome was expensive.

Last edited:

Big Bore

Reaction score

Elaborate please.:lookaround::postwhore2::popcorn:

The fitting issues on the spacer seem like a small tradeoff for what it does, and I'm sure there's a very good reason it had to be designed that way.

I figured the LPOP cost was exactly because it's a custom machined low lot run part. I just can't justify it atm.

Last edited:

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
For the price of this yes it is a bad design happy I ditched this for a better one.

Yeah, two 90* fittings made the setup extremely complicated and expensive to plumb in.

Photo0432.jpg

they make fittings for that kind of problem..funny out of all the guy's using the spacer your the only complaint on this issue...

TARM

Reaction score
What better one are you speaking of that you went with and could you please link a picture of it either on your engine, manf pic or other.

Reaction score
^^^ X3

in the picture on dieselsite the fitting is where it is cause it looks like to me Bob was thinking of the fuel bowl...it also looks like the hose from the front pump would be in the way..only leave one choice with such a small chamber in the res..you cant mod the right way on a budget... your going to pay to play... would be nice if all mods was as simple as installing it and be done with it...then again...what fun would that be???

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I honestly dont see an issue with Daves set up, looks slick as hell, and with some split loom would almost look factory.

2000wa250

Reaction score
it really is all about taking your time when installing it. The kit is set up to be used a specific way. That is, with either a 90* fitting like dave has done, or a 45* fitting like I did. Either way, the spacer fits well, and leaks are like leaks on anything. If you take your time and do it right, there shouldnt be any. The ORB fittings seal great.

TARM

Reaction score
Still would like to know of this other HPOP res ported riser plate that is out there other than the one by Bob and possibly some custom one off stuff.

BTW right on Bob's site in the description of the res adapter it specifically states:

-Multipurpose design-
*Increase reservoir capacity
*Adds filter screen to 1996 Through Mid 1999
*Factory fuel filter (1999-2003) housing still bolts in place, but minor relocation of the lines are needed.
*Dual Pump setup to eliminate drilling holes in the factory reservoir
*Ports for 2nd IPR return, 2nd HPOP supply, and 2nd relief valve return
*To supply and return oil for twin turbo set-ups

At least to me it seems that the common sense reasoning is that when you make most anything specifically to have multiple functions somethings will not be or work "ideally" for one specific goal but rather it will work reasonably well for all the various functions. If someone that understands the market size being dealt with here I think would understand the best way to make producing something like this worthwhile would be for it to have as many uses as possible. IMO I think Bob has done a very good job making a product that is able to work with all the various configurations it does and have the uses it has.

But hey if there is something out there that is "better" I am all ears and eye. Lets see it and what has been improved or the design used that can do all these things in a better way. Its been done before so I can see it being possible. But I am still a see it to believe kind of guy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.