Diesel site HPO res spacer...

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
For the price of this yes it is a bad design happy I ditched this for a better one.

I can't imagine that there are many ways to make a spacer or many options for port fittings depending one what criteria someone is building the spacer to. Could there be a cheaper version - maybe - is it really all that much BETTER of a design - somehow I think that is some koolaid being consumed more than actual fact.

I'd love to see pics both of the piece and installed. I have am in need of such a widget and if something suitable for my needs could be bought then I might.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Like so many other cases these days, it remains to be seen if this is really a "functional improvement" or just someones way of copying another part to make a buck. It's sad the number of "shops" making the same things as other "shops", some with no understanding of the real reasons why, just the desire to "get theirs". Those of us that have been around a while understand the benefits of building working relationships with others in the business, selling them what we build at a fair price so we can offer their products to our customers, helping BOTH companies to grow and build reputation, benefitting more than just one person or one company.

Like I said, I've got 2 of Bobs spacers, no fit problems, no leaks and no problems with plumbing. Not really sure what needs to be improved. I've talked with Bob about offering them to my customers, but haven't pulled the trigger because there just isn't much markup in them due to the small quantities he's producing. I've got the contacts to make my own, we already do custom machining, anodizing, etc...but ripping off someone elses part is classless and douchy. I will continue referring people to get the part from Bob (or suck it up and live with whatever margin he can give me) before I will ever rip him off. That's the difference between shops that care about the business relationships they establish and those that only care about making a fast buck though...

So, what kind of shop do you want to do business with?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Like so many other cases these days, it remains to be seen if this is really a "functional improvement" or just someones way of copying another part to make a buck. It's sad the number of "shops" making the same things as other "shops", some with no understanding of the real reasons why, just the desire to "get theirs". Those of us that have been around a while understand the benefits of building working relationships with others in the business, selling them what we build at a fair price so we can offer their products to our customers, helping BOTH companies to grow and build reputation, benefitting more than just one person or one company.

Like I said, I've got 2 of Bobs spacers, no fit problems, no leaks and no problems with plumbing. Not really sure what needs to be improved. I've talked with Bob about offering them to my customers, but haven't pulled the trigger because there just isn't much markup in them due to the small quantities he's producing. I've got the contacts to make my own, we already do custom machining, anodizing, etc...but ripping off someone elses part is classless and douchy. I will continue referring people to get the part from Bob (or suck it up and live with whatever margin he can give me) before I will ever rip him off. That's the difference between shops that care about the business relationships they establish and those that only care about making a fast buck though...

Awesome post. I haven't bought anything off of you or Bob in a long while - but I have in the past and wouldn't hesitate in the future. The one thing that comes to my mind when I hear the name of either shop is that the fit and finish is second to none.

HOOV3R

Reaction score

Very well said. I wish everyone felt the same way about business as this.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

This is why we only sell strictly diesel parts, and no competition to them. Dennis's service and product is second to none.

Sent from somewhere away from my desk using magic.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score

Awesome post, Dennis. Really sums up my thoughts exactly. Do business with an established shop founded off morals and quality ethics or go to a con artist that will cut you a deal on a ripped off design. Gotta draw a line in the sand somewhere as a customer.

TARM

Reaction score
Dennis its encouraging to see it time were so many only care about their own @ss that some such as you hold to what use to be much more common morals and practices. The same as you have said about those on the vendor side can also be said similarly about the customer.

I bring this up as I have made a few purchases from you and did so because of your reputation to quality and customer service even though yes I could have saved maybe a dime or two somewhere else. That small extra cost is meaningless and at the same time priceless when it comes to the support, knowledge, and experience after the sale if it should ever become needed.

How many times have vendors and others seen a "potential" customer contact them grilling them for every bit of info they can on a subject or item. The info that has taken years and much time and trials to amass and then still given freely, only to see them then take that info and go purchase from another for no other reason that to save what amounts to a few dollars at most. Do they stop to think while they may have saved a dime or two what does it tell you that you had to go to someone that actually had knowledge and understand to build their product from nothing to get the information that they needed to understand the whys and hows of it all. But it takes little skill comparatively to copy and even possibly add a small improvement to something once its already been created. Making something from a clean slate is night and day different from having it all in front of you and finding a way to make it cheaper or add an improvement. Anyone that has done both knows how vastly different it is.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
For some strange reason, I believe in "Do unto others..." and Karma. While it has sometimes failed me and I've ended up getting screwed anyway, I still stick to it. It's just a shame more people don't think/feel this way these days.

davey99ps

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I've ran any of your stuff in the past Dennis, but after your last 2 posts I'll be giving you some of my business. I'd prefer to do business with companies that have the same views as you, I'd gladly pay more for the same product just to help support a decent company. There's way to many fly by night "shops" these days that are only concerned with they're bottom line an have no issue cutting others' throat for an extra buck. I'm not well off or independently wealthy, an I try to save $ where I can, but I refuse to do business with these shady, rip-off companies

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

This is why we only sell strictly diesel parts, and no competition to them. Dennis's service and product is second to none.

Sent from somewhere away from my desk using magic.

Reaction score
While it's nice to see other options, I don't think calling the Dieselsite part crappy is really fair. And no one I know, besides you, who has experienced the port issue has had such a big problem with making it work.
a few month ago it was a crappy part cause his stock fuel lines feeding the heads wouldnt fit... :doh:

very well said..shop's like yours I like and try hard to do business with..your honest,up front and been working on 7,3 stuff since the birth of the 7.3..I refuse to buy from copy cats even if it could save me a couple of buck's..shop's like yours is what got the 7.3 to where it is now..hats off to you guy's for all the testing,rebuilding and more testing and more building to get us the very best....you guy's worked hard to build these parts not just sit around and wait so you can copy the idea then stamp your name into it as if it was yours....

Last edited:

DZL JIM

Reaction score
I know this is in the Super Duty sction, but I had an OBS customer, local guy, spend over a year trying to figure out a problem. Truck would build too much ICP at idle. Tried multiple HPOP's, IPR's, injector sets, and lots of other parts I can't think of. He even pulled the engine, confirmed oil pick-up tube, LPOP and on and on. None of us could figure it out, and I enlisted the hlep from some of you online as well.

Finally he got one of these spacers and the truck ran great for the first time.
Turns out the added screen (which the OBS do not have) was able to catch a lot of sludge and debris in the motor from the previous owner, who ended up selling the truck because it ran so poorly. This sludge was going right to the IPR and HPOP causing issues. He knows he has to clean it out for a while, but it's really making me wonder how many issues the OBS trucks could get resolved by adding that simple adapter and screen.

Cudos for Bob at Diesel Site for that one. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.