Diesel site HPO res spacer...

907DAVE

Reaction score
I love mine.

I had issues with cold starts and a running rough condition and they were cured when I went to the spacer. I attribute this to the location of the feed port for the rear pump vs pulling oil from the sensor hole.

Ohh yeah, and its NEVER leaked, but neither has my dual Stealth's...

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
You nailed me...

Sorry, I have so many products from Dieselsite I just cant handle it anymore... wait... hum... Well crap...

It appears the only thing I have from Dieselsite on my truck is the Tstat housing...

However I do have several things from RiffRaff, ITP, Diesel Innovations, Swamps, Isspro, Les Schwabs, Holset, Vibrant, AFE, S&B, MBRP, Performance Truck Products...

You call me a Termy nut swinger and I don't have a single Termy product other than an awesome t shirt...

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
So...

Would it be irony that I use a termy scan gauge to watch the diesel site pump?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I love mine.

I had issues with cold starts and a running rough condition and they were cured when I went to the spacer. I attribute this to the location of the feed port for the rear pump vs pulling oil from the sensor hole.

Ohh yeah, and its NEVER leaked, but neither has my dual Stealth's...

Hmm, anyway I could use the spacer in the same manor with the gen3.

It cold starts like a frieght train....

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Mine didn't leak but the placement of the feed hole in the spacer on mine is retard, it points it right into the head so you are kinking the line, absolutely stupid. :flipa:

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Why spend 700 on that when you can get a Melling pump that does the same for way cheaper.
http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/mm5/m...ore_Code=RRD&Product_Code=M208&Category_Code=

Uhhh No. I have the melling. Swapped it in place of my stocker. Say .5psi more at idle and 2psi at WOT...

Charles had a good idea of using the return from remote IPR through a regulator set to lube oil pressure back to the reservoir/engine.

Hmm, personally I think either the valve in the oil cooler is toast or the pickup tube o ring went south the last time I opened the pan up. Ooorrr the Gen3 just is a little oil hungry

davey99ps

Reaction score
I bought both the spacer an the aluminum cover for the hpop gear. No issues at all with the spacer, but for the hpop gear cover I really wished Bob would have machined a groove in it for the o-ring to ride in, otherwise both products are great

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Then you have other issues going on, a Melling LPOP will supply enough oil for it.

Uhhh No. I have the melling. Swapped it in place of my stocker. Say .5psi more at idle and 2psi at WOT...

Hmm, personally I think either the valve in the oil cooler is toast or the pickup tube o ring went south the last time I opened the pan up. Ooorrr the Gen3 just is a little oil hungry

Reaction score
Mine didn't leak but the placement of the feed hole in the spacer on mine is retard, it points it right into the head so you are kinking the line, absolutely stupid. :flipa:
they make fittings for that kind of problem..funny out of all the guy's using the spacer your the only complaint on this issue...

Then you have other issues going on, a Melling LPOP will supply enough oil for it.

uhh.. wrong again .. it flows far more oil then the melling pump does..PSI has nothing to do with it..

Last edited:

Big Bore

Reaction score
they make fittings for that kind of problem..funny out of all the guy's using the spacer your the only complaint on this issue...

I've actually read several complaints on that very issue.

I have no doubt the Dieselsite LPOP flows way more than the Melling, I'm just not sure it's $600+ more.

The HPOP gear cover not having a groove is interesting as I was planning to get one, that might deter me as I can see fighting the oring being a hassle.

Reaction score
on a RR or are they using the factory lines?? IMO if your needing more oil then a stock res can give you then you should have a full RR...
i dont think its $600 worth ether..but it does flow far more oil then a melling..there not the same...

Last edited:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Hmm, anyway I could use the spacer in the same manor with the gen3.

It cold starts like a frieght train....

No. A spacer under the gen3 will lift its pump gear off the HPOP gear, inhibiting it from pumping any oil. Cold starts can be fixed in the tuning if you call Dave or Jody

907DAVE

Reaction score

Yeah, two 90* fittings made the setup extremely complicated and expensive to plumb in.

Photo0432.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.