Diesel23 mild build "RITA"

B585Ford

Reaction score
cleared the code ,I will drive it tomorrow and monitor ebp at take off and acceleration , just to get an idea , but im hoping for a bad sensor , as you said the ebp sensor is throwing the duty cycle or vain position !!! thanks man !!

Make sure when you get Matt, Eric, or whoever to write custom tunes for you that you mention your "special" wheel on the HP turbo. I am sure that will require some vane changes from those of us mere mortals who are still running cast AL.

one2nine

Reaction score
Try unplugging the ebp sensor and see if that helps. When mine went bad it would over boost my turbos something terrible but be a laggy dog turd off the bottom.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Update , heres a video seems to run good not even WOT ,sound kind of suxs you cant hear the turbos in the video, window down and the sound from my phone , and not 15 minutes after this the bolts to my gearbox broke and lost all steering WTF ! Damn lift !!
gauges read
1. egts
2. boost
3. EBP
4. FP

http://s1184.photobucket.com/user/flcoopez23/media/20130901_195707.mp4.html

Based on this video, I guessing it is pretty laggy (and probably smokey) down low. Looks like you had to hit the mid-teens before you started making any real boost. Is that correct? Otherwise, looks like she runs pretty good (especially considering you are rollin on 38s).

Diesel23

Reaction score
Based on this video, I guessing it is pretty laggy (and probably smokey) down low. Looks like you had to hit the mid-teens before you started making any real boost. Is that correct? Otherwise, looks like she runs pretty good (especially considering you are rollin on 38s).

hey brett , it does seem laggy , and once they light she will take off , really smoke cleared up after tuning and changing LB to 0 ,dont get me wrong if im on it she will leave a smoke clould , yes about mid teens then seems to get real boost , and only seems to get in the 30's for boost , then again not sure i was full WOT

B585Ford

Reaction score
No wastegate installed yet, there are 2 block off plates which look like they are leaking?

Are you seeing soot around them? I thought you did the EGR delete a long time before you ever started this build. Did you change it during the build?

Diesel23

Reaction score
Are you seeing soot around them? I thought you did the EGR delete a long time before you ever started this build. Did you change it during the build?

Egr delete has been done, the plates are for the wastegate when it goes in ,there is one on the down pipe, I do see soot and one coming off the up pipes,

B585Ford

Reaction score
Egr delete has been done, the plates are for the wastegate when it goes in ,there is one on the down pipe, I do see soot and one coming off the up pipes,

Ok, that makes sense. Do you have a WG and just haven't installed it? If so, will it be vented to the atmosphere or does it run underneath and vent to the DP?

Diesel23

Reaction score
Ok, that makes sense. Do you have a WG and just haven't installed it? If so, will it be vented to the atmosphere or does it run underneath and vent to the DP?

i do have tial wastegate that has not been installed yet , going to DP ?

Diesel23

Reaction score
Well Boys its Been a while !! Since day one getting the rig back ive experienced excessive or high egts !! I was going to have one of the sponsoring venders here tear into her and figure out what was wrong , But jobs have been tight so figured I would tackle it and my son in law ,

after further review the up pipe flanges were not sitting properly also the egr or wastegate provision was leaking , turns out the mechanic stripped 2 of the bolt holes where they tie into turbo !!! SO turbos had to come out , you can see how black the driverside uppipe flange is

20140508_145226.jpg

we did this today and have all leaks to about 99% , just at start up I can feel the response and then we took a test ride , HOLY SHEET !!! :D its like night and day , I get almost instant power and she sounds frikkin amazing , I got on it leaving and she chirped every gear till I let off or I mean the boot blew off !! I drove alittle more after fixing that and noticed oil dripping pretty good , looks like now I have a the oil seal under the atmo charger is not sealed down all the way ,so I will get back at it tomorrow , slowly but surely shes coming alive , Good news is my EGTS are down about 500* cruising , I will post a video when I get her dialed in , also want to say thanks to shane , jerry ,and chris for kinda giving me some advice along the way and giving me the incouragement I needed to get my azz under the hood !!! :rockon:

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Great that you figured it out. I would have high egts if I found that the WG was leaking and there were stripped bolts in the turbo inlet.

Only a couple of hours from happy time!!!

B585Ford

Reaction score
Frank,
Glad to hear you are starting to get this thing sorted out. It has been way too long since you got to enjoy the truck!!!

Diesel23

Reaction score
Frank,
Glad to hear you are starting to get this thing sorted out. It has been way too long since you got to enjoy the truck!!!

yes sir !!! ive been driving it just couldn't go far or any where I had to get on the highway LOL !! Believe me im as excited as I was from the first time i started modding this beast , hopefully here real quick ,im able to enjoy it atleast till say i need trans !!! thanks for your insight aswell

Diesel23

Reaction score
Great that you figured it out. I would have high egts if I found that the WG was leaking and there were stripped bolts in the turbo inlet.

Only a couple of hours from happy time!!!

thanks again , it all started when i saw being a cheap Canadian had its perks !! lol , then i was told i wasn't even close to having any Canadian in me so screw it ill just be a cheap American , yah hey dare

dsberman94

Reaction score
A year and a half since it was started. DAM. Like serious DAM. i hope you get all the bugs worked out soon. That's nuts. I though not having mine for 2 months with a trans issue was bad. DAM.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.