DieselSite HPOP Adapter

2000wa250

Reaction score
OK,

So I am installing twins, and was looking at the DieselSite adapter block as a clean way of running my oil return. However I have heard that there are some issues with fitment as well as the ports being at weird angles and hard to work with.

What is everyones opinion on this product? Who actually has it installed and is/were there any issues with installation/fitment? Of course it may have some benefits but if there are fitment issues then I do not see the benefit as being that beneficial.

Tom S

Reaction score
I have one with zero issues but do not run the return ports.

Layson

Reaction score
I have one but never installed. I would be interested on selling it. Have had it a long time and probably won't get around to installing it. I even had it coated black. Looks real nice.

2000wa250

Reaction score
I have one but never installed. I would be interested on selling it. Have had it a long time and probably won't get around to installing it. I even had it coated black. Looks real nice.

Will you pm me a price shipped? I thought they came powdercoated black?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

2000wa250

Reaction score
So what's your opinion on it? Do the ports look usable?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
One of the best ideas but executed so wrong. The feed port from the adapter is at the wrong angle and put the feed line right into the block so I had to go find a 45* fitting and its still tight, I had to re-do my oil temp sensor cause it hit the fuel bowl,and the fuel bowl lines all had to be bent and tweaked a little. Could have been done A LOT better for the price they are asking. :badidea:

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Yes i ran one when i had my old stealth pumps before i had to remove it when i installed the gen3. Something about too much gear backlash if you tried to use it with the Gen3 LOL

However i have another set of dual pumps to improve some efficiency out of my little 250/80s, and i got another dieselsite adapter sitting waiting to be installed with the pumps. I feel its the only proper way to feed the rear pump, from the lowest possible area on the reservoir to prevent cavitating the rear pump by running the reservoir dry(enough) on startup. I am using the block also to dump my IPR return back (where-ever it goes, not back to the crankcase behind the cam gear, the other port). I have all the fittings and such just lacking motivation to install them because it's going to be a cluster*** of hoses to deal with.

Layson

Reaction score
Yes i ran one when i had my old stealth pumps before i had to remove it when i installed the gen3. Something about too much gear backlash if you tried to use it with the Gen3 LOL

However i have another set of dual pumps to improve some efficiency out of my little 250/80s, and i got another dieselsite adapter sitting waiting to be installed with the pumps. I feel its the only proper way to feed the rear pump, from the lowest possible area on the reservoir to prevent cavitating the rear pump by running the reservoir dry(enough) on startup. I am using the block also to dump my IPR return back (where-ever it goes, not back to the crankcase behind the cam gear, the other port). I have all the fittings and such just lacking motivation to install them because it's going to be a cluster*** of hoses to deal with.

Probably the main reason I never got mine on... LOL

2000wa250

Reaction score
One of the best ideas but executed so wrong. The feed port from the adapter is at the wrong angle and put the feed line right into the block so I had to go find a 45* fitting and its still tight, I had to re-do my oil temp sensor cause it hit the fuel bowl,and the fuel bowl lines all had to be bent and tweaked a little. Could have been done A LOT better for the price they are asking. :badidea:

Do you have any pics of the set up, or can you get some? I have terminator duals waiting to go on the truck, and since I had to move the oil fill I'm not quite sure how I am going to run the blow off line. Seems like a clean way to do it but ive heard the things about fitment issues. I will be deleting the fuel bowl so I'm not sure if that makes any difference. Dont want to buy one unless i know it is going to work 100%

Layson

Reaction score
Do you have any pics of the set up, or can you get some? I have terminator duals waiting to go on the truck, and since I had to move the oil fill I'm not quite sure how I am going to run the blow off line. Seems like a clean way to do it but ive heard the things about fitment issues. I will be deleting the fuel bowl so I'm not sure if that makes any difference. Dont want to buy one unless i know it is going to work 100%

When you start modding these trucks, each truck can be a tad different. Some things work great on one truck but not on another. Worst case you got to make a couple trips to a fitting store... Just the nature of the beast.

The IPR line can either run to your Oil fill tube, your HPOP reservoir, or there is a little spot on the HPOP reservoir that drains down to the crank case. It is shaped like a horseshoe and recessed in the HPOP lid. I drilled and tapped mine and installed it there on my truck.

If you get rid of your fuel bowl that is going to clean up everything real nice. Mine was going to be removed when the adapter was installed. I don't think I would try to make it work with the fuel bowl.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Ok, still would like to see some pics of it installed with duals and no fuel bowl. Planning on doing the install and fuel bowl delete at the same time, and decently soon. I was also told that switching to an OBS res would be better because the top is thicker and a bit easier to drill and tap.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score

No problem, I will get you some pictures tonight or tomorrow.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Here's a pic of mine.....

Photo0432.jpg

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Dave, how did you mount the fuel regulator to the whatever its mounted to? Im going to be facing the same issue. I have a homemade bracket that bolts through the holes where the fuel bowl holes are

907DAVE

Reaction score
Thats basically how mine is, two "blind" nuts attach the mounting bracket using the fuel bowl bolts.

I dont think I have any pictures of it, but its a piece of 1" square stock with some angles cut into it.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Dave,

I believe that is the Stealth Dual Pump deal, so that is Dual IPR set up meaning the two Push-lock hoses going to the block are the IPR dumps? I'm not that familiar with the set up, but does it have a dump from the blow off valve? If so where do you have it running? Any chance you could get some close ups of the hoses and the block showing the connections a bit more?

907DAVE

Reaction score
That is the Stealth setup with two IPR's. There is one feed (driver side) and one return (pass. side) going to the adapter block in the middle.

The plumbing is simple. For the feed line there are just two 90* fittings on either end of the line. The return uses two 45* fittings on the DS adapter (for fuel line clearance) and a single 90* on the Stealth adapter.

This is the only close-up I have of it....

Photo0005.jpg

LOL

Latest posts

Members online