Do I really need more power?

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Hauling my new toyhauler up to Windrock TN, I am nothing but impressed at how much power this truck has.

Went over the CAT scales and the gross was just shy of 25,000lbs.

Leaving Greenville there's a pretty decent climb up 25 to Hendersonville. Truck was loafing at 60mph, passing semis and cars like it was nothing at about 1/4 throttle.

Stopping is no problem either.

Still struggling a little to control sway, but the engine hardly knows I've got a 16,000 load on her.

Even with 6000lbs on the rear tires, a smooth press of the pedal to WOT will result in it spinning the tires.

I'm still thinking of trading it for a '16, but I have to say, my reasons are rapidly diminishing.

Really like the function of the H&S minimax too. My understanding is that no tuner for the 15/16s will do live gauge monitoring and shift on the fly. Would that be true? I'd miss that for sure.

zporta

Reaction score
I love my shift on the fly, being in construction I'm towing heavy a decent bit. Most of the time I don't have the time to wait on a tune swap. It's very nice to be in a tow tube by the press of a button!

theplumber

Reaction score
I love my shift on the fly, being in construction I'm towing heavy a decent bit. Most of the time I don't have the time to wait on a tune swap. It's very nice to be in a tow tube by the press of a button!

X2 but the 2015 don't have any tuner like minimaax
:(

Envoyé de mon iPhone

neverkickn

Reaction score
These trucks have good power even stock. It's the rear end squat and axle wrap you get with anything over the weight of a sack of concrete in the box that Bothers me.

BK39

Reaction score
lol, you're still on the fence huh? To me the shift on the fly isn't that big of a deal. My last truck I couldn't shift on the fly, but it wasn't a big deal. If I knew I was towing heavy, load the tow tune that morning. If I wasn't towing, leave it cranked up.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Why would you trade for a '16? The redesign isn't coming until '17, or so I believe.
turbo, brakes, stereo, one touch up/dn and a few other things, my bank is offering 2% loans, that and it'll be the last year of that model run, all my goodies except the minimax will fit so I can get a newer truck, same same otherwise and reduce the pmt.

Seems like a no brainer to me except for all my labor and the longer term on the loan.

67boost

Reaction score
turbo, brakes, stereo, one touch up/dn and a few other things, my bank is offering 2% loans, that and it'll be the last year of that model run, all my goodies except the minimax will fit so I can get a newer truck, same same otherwise and reduce the pmt.

Seems like a no brainer to me except for all my labor and the longer term on the loan.

I'd take advantage of that loan.. I'm at around 4%

I love my truck, but if I came across a deal like that, I'd go for it. My best friend drives a 2015, and the power increase is noticeable from my 2011.

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
Trick, my bad. I was thinking that you had a 2015. I think its your wife that you said just got a 2015 (I guess). After looking at your sig, yeah '12 to '15 is a go.

zporta

Reaction score
Most the time I end up towing I don't know till an hour before. I'm glad I went with the mini over other options just for shift on the fly. Worth the extra for me.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I would have a lot of trouble giving up shift on fly tunes. I hook up to my trailer at plenty of random times that I like to be able to change tunes with out having to wait 10 min. Although I do tow on performance quite a bit.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Hauling my new toyhauler up to Windrock TN, I am nothing but impressed at how much power this truck has.

Went over the CAT scales and the gross was just shy of 25,000lbs.

Leaving Greenville there's a pretty decent climb up 25 to Hendersonville. Truck was loafing at 60mph, passing semis and cars like it was nothing at about 1/4 throttle.

Stopping is no problem either.

Still struggling a little to control sway, but the engine hardly knows I've got a 16,000 load on her.

Even with 6000lbs on the rear tires, a smooth press of the pedal to WOT will result in it spinning the tires.

I'm still thinking of trading it for a '16, but I have to say, my reasons are rapidly diminishing.

Really like the function of the H&S minimax too. My understanding is that no tuner for the 15/16s will do live gauge monitoring and shift on the fly. Would that be true? I'd miss that for sure.

What company are you a sponsor for?

Jomax

Reaction score
I love my 15. I don't care for more power towing. This thing tows great stock.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online