Do you guys want a place for MCC tuning

Mpoage

Reaction score
When your done adjusting stuff does it take about 5 minutes to retune it or can it do it with just turning it off and restarting. I think this software is a very cool idea but waiting 5 minutes to adjust 1 little thing in the tuning just to refine it little by little would get old. Lol

Dzchey21

Reaction score
bumping up the back pressure made a huge difference... its time to park it before the cops figure me out, pretty awesome tho at no point was there a cloud of smoke behind me, just tire spin.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
When your done adjusting stuff does it take about 5 minutes to retune it or can it do it with just turning it off and restarting. I think this software is a very cool idea but waiting 5 minutes to adjust 1 little thing in the tuning just to refine it little by little would get old. Lol

I timed it and its 6 minutes to retune, i wish you could just change the engine or the trans tune only, that would sure help, but honestly 6 minutes is a short amount of time.

So far MCC is impressing me, i guess we will see how things go at the track next week.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
bumping up the back pressure made a huge difference... its time to park it before the cops figure me out, pretty awesome tho at no point was there a cloud of smoke behind me, just tire spin.

You adjusting the bp with the vgt? One bad thing about testing on the street :pullover:

Frank_C

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to pick up an h&s when I get the bank Acct recovered...this really interests me

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

:whs:

I've always wanted to figure this out. I researched it quite a bit for my Evo IX, but by the time everything started making sense...I decided I wanted a truck lol.

Would you say it's more, less, or about the same complexity as gas motor tuning? IE, what are the main tables you need to adjust?

It would be awesome if someone had a basic guide I could read through, as far as descriptions on each table and what changing the values effects.

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
You adjusting the bp with the vgt? One bad thing about testing on the street :pullover:

Yeah, but sometimes it the only way to test driveability, you cant really do that on the dyno, mostly just checking smoke output and spool up, just in short bursts, but it really doesnt take long to be speeding so i have to be careful. going to try and dyno it next week

:whs:

I've always wanted to figure this out. I researched it quite a bit for my Evo IX, but by the time everything started making sense...I decided I wanted a truck lol.

Would you say it's more, less, or about the same complexity as gas motor tuning? IE, what are the main tables you need to adjust?

It would be awesome if someone had a basic guide I could read through, as far as descriptions on each table and what changing the values effects.

I would say its probably about the same, gassers have to deal with injection timing as well as spart timing ect so im not really sure which would be harder

there are allot of tables, i would suggest anyone looking into it just downloading the mcc software, its free and wont cost you anything to look at it. Its really intimidating at first because there are so tables but im learning that allot of the tables dont need changed because they are cold temp tables ect. The main ones are injection duration, injection timing, injection pressures.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
How much can you alter injection pressures? I figured it would be more dependent on the injector size and pump adjustments.

Rene G

Reaction score
Yeah, but sometimes it the only way to test driveability, you cant really do that on the dyno, mostly just checking smoke output and spool up, just in short bursts, but it really doesnt take long to be speeding so i have to be careful. going to try and dyno it next week

I would say its probably about the same, gassers have to deal with injection timing as well as spart timing ect so im not really sure which would be harder

there are allot of tables, i would suggest anyone looking into it just downloading the mcc software, its free and wont cost you anything to look at it. Its really intimidating at first because there are so tables but im learning that allot of the tables dont need changed because they are cold temp tables ect. The main ones are injection duration, injection timing, injection pressures.

I'm going to download the software and check it out, I'd like a tune that gets good mileage and doesn't smoke, I just don't want to *** it up and blow m truck up. Lol

Erikclaw

Reaction score
You can change anything in the tune you want erik. its awesome to have full control of the tune on a 6.4 finally.

That is cool to have that much control over it. So many different combinations can be tested etc.

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I'm going to download the software and check it out, I'd like a tune that gets good mileage and doesn't smoke, I just don't want to *** it up and blow m truck up. Lol

you definatly gotta be careful with it but i think with some masaging of the back pressure tables and the timing tables you can get a little more mileage out of them, some tunes command allot of back pressure even cruising others do not. less the better but still gotta be responsive ect.

Timing is where things can get scary and cause issues, so needless to say im running standard timing tables based on the 300 file h&s has, untill you can monitor cylinder pressure there is no "good" way to make sure your not hurting the motor.

B585Ford

Reaction score
you definatly gotta be careful with it but i think with some masaging of the back pressure tables and the timing tables you can get a little more mileage out of them, some tunes command allot of back pressure even cruising others do not. less the better but still gotta be responsive ect.

Timing is where things can get scary and cause issues, so needless to say im running standard timing tables based on the 300 file h&s has, untill you can monitor cylinder pressure there is no "good" way to make sure your not hurting the motor.

Based on what you have seen so far with your experimenting, does it look like you will be able to create 4 totally different programs (like a tow tune, a DD, a race tune (different timing PW, etc.)) And shift them on fly? I know it ain't likely with the tranny but since I am the TCM, it isn't a concern for me.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Based on what you have seen so far with your experimenting, does it look like you will be able to create 4 totally different programs (like a tow tune, a DD, a race tune (different timing PW, etc.)) And shift them on fly? I know it ain't likely with the tranny but since I am the TCM, it isn't a concern for me.

Like stated the only thing that changes between hot, wild, mild, and stock is the pw tables, however you should be able to build a tune with the basic low throttle tables where you want, and then make the hp with the pw tables.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Like stated the only thing that changes between hot, wild, mild, and stock is the pw tables, however you should be able to build a tune with the basic low throttle tables where you want, and then make the hp with the pw tables.

If I am following you correctly, then the timing and even desired EBP would be the same all of the programs (Hot, Wild, Mild, Stock)...or will the EBP automatically change and you are really only keeping the vanes the same on all of the programs?

BFT

Reaction score
Damn, this sh!t is getting real! It only seems like yesterday we were sporting chubbies over a stock motor and trans making 550LOL

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yes Robert your right things have defiantly changed. It's nice too because you have a known good tune to start with. it also only takes about 6 min to load a new tune after you make changes, still wish you could just flash the engine or the Trans separate but 6 minutes is way better than any other tuner. I've probably tuned the white truck 30 times in a week

Rene G

Reaction score
I've downloaded the MCC, does anyone have a tune I could play with before I decide to buy a mini max and unlock code? Or will that even work?

FORD7.3

Reaction score
We just started playing with the MCC last week on our shop truck.. hell of a learning curve if you havent played around with this stuff. And im taking advice from duramax tech that are used to using EFI live.. which is very similar from what ive seen. We are getting a little better day by day with the tuning.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I downloaded the MCC today, but when I tried to open a file in MCC, there were not any files although there is shortcut now on my computer for the MCC. Anyone know how to fix this?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.