Done mourning!!!

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Emissions equipment. Ummmm Buh bye

Thanks to Shane and Mike.

CAC, Elbow EGR Delete.jpg

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Well after ***king around with those god damn stupid seized up bastard egr cooler bolts. I finally got those miserable b1tchs off my truck. My hands hurt. A LOT. But I will button it all up tomorrow after I get some bolts for the No Limit intake.

Thanks Shane for the help.

I will never put those buggers back in for anything. Deny my warranty. I dont care. The ass chewing from my wife for paying for repairs will be nothing compared to stuffing those pricks back in....

Powerstroke586

Reaction score
Well after ***king around with those god damn stupid seized up bastard egr cooler bolts. I finally got those miserable b1tchs off my truck. My hands hurt. A LOT. But I will button it all up tomorrow after I get some bolts for the No Limit intake.

I will never put those buggers back in for anything. Deny my warranty. I dont care. The ass chewing from my wife for paying for repairs will be nothing compared to stuffing those pricks back in....

Sounds like you had a good time! LOL

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score

Tell us how your really feel about the emissions equipment LOL

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Damn Chris. I had no idea you were still fighting this. I'm glad you're on the home stretch. Hopefully your new ic is there by the time you get her all buttoned up I'm waiting for pics buddy!!!

HD F250

Reaction score
Sorry to hear those damn bolts didn't want to come out. I know your feeling on the warranty and aftermarket parts. The day I installed my Spartan, intake and deleted it the Nav radio would not reset after I reconnected batteries. The dealer told me to bring it by and they would reset it. $1700 dollars later, I have a Kenwood Nav unit and my warranty...lol.

I am looking forward to my build also. I will be towing a 5'er so I might end up going with my Tow Powers I bought for Black Friday if Corb's set up don't yield real world results. I wish I would have bought high powers instead:)

Post some pics when you get her buttoned up.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Damn Chris. I had no idea you were still fighting this. I'm glad you're on the home stretch. Hopefully your new ic is there by the time you get her all buttoned up I'm waiting for pics buddy!!!

Every time I wanted to get the ball rolling something would come up. My biggest concern is if something went wrong with removal, i would be hooped trying to get parts from my dealer not allowing me enough time to get the truck running before I had to go back to work. The office called me to come back today (early) and I had to say negative. I didn't like doing that but I'm supposed to be on days off.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
OK. Got it all done. My hands look like they have been run through a meat grinder and I have bruises in spots that shouldnt have bruises. As stated in my previous post. This was a fight that I did not enjoy. But its done and there are no leaks. The truck seems to pull a fair bit harder earlier on based on the seat of the pants. Spool up is quicker and the truck seems to feel healthier over all. Thanks Mike. It is a definite improvement over stock.

Out with the sh!t.

delete4.jpg
In with the shiny stuff.
delete1.jpg

delete2.jpg

I know I butchered the core support. Had to take a gun to a knife fight. I will smooth it out and blend it so its all pretty on the weekend.

delete3.jpg

All in all I'm happy with the product. Bolts are easily accessible on the elbow. Fit is good. No need to fight with it to get it to button up straight. Im happy. Again thanks Mike.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Yeah. My clearance was stupid tight compared to others I've seen where they just had to trim a bit. I had to remove a lot. Got tired of whittling away at it and grabbed the saws all LOL

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Well another box showed up today. Christmas in February is sorta cool. Thanks Mike. Everything is in really good condition. Buuuut If you used anymore tape to wrap the box you could have sent me water and it would all be there. I promise never to ask you to help me pack to move LOL

Tape is damn slippery.
IC box LMAO.jpg

Front
IC1.jpg

Welds are nice and even.
IC2.jpg

Even the mount is too pretty to hide behind the bumper.
IC3.jpg

Looks fantastic. Inside of the inlet and outlet pipes is smooooth as silk.

Last edited:

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
Well another box showed up today. Christmas in February is sorta cool. Thanks Mike. Everything is in really good condition. Buuuut If you used anymore tape to wrap the box you could have sent me water and it would all be there. I promise never to ask you to help me pack to move LOL

Tape is damn slippery.
View attachment 4504

If mikes going to keep shipping like this I'm investing heavily in 3M. Other stuffs looks purdy. I always like shiny stuff!

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Just installed the No Limit IC. Couple of pointers to help you guys out.

1- Loosen the bumper on the driverside to allow clearance for the inlet pipe. The core is approx 2" deeper then the stock one. You'll need the room.
2-Push the cooler that is located behind the IC in a bit to prevent rubbing the core during install.
3-Remove the fuel cooler lower support bolt. This cooler is wider and the bolt will just be in the way.
3-Leave the lower mount off of the IC when installing. There is plenty of room to put it in when the IC is hanging off the upper supports.
4-When installing the lower support bracket. Make sure it's all the way down. If it's too high, the upper brackets will not allow the hood to latch.
5-Bolt in the IC but leave everything loose to give you some wiggle room when hooking up the boots.
6-I found it best to loosen the boot clamps from the turbo outlet all the way around to the intake elbow to make sure the boots can be clamped down flush on the pipes.
7-Start tightening the boots at the IC and work you way back to the intake elbow and turbo inlet. Everything will line up nice that way.

NoLimit 1.jpg

NoLimit 2.jpg

HD F250

Reaction score
Chris, looks like you had a great weekend even though you are all beat up! I hope you enjoy the new toys and the No Limit stuff looks great. Mine is setting at Rudy's. Any updates after the IC install or did you do it all at once?

Joe

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Just got it done. Roads are **** right now so I'm staying inside where its warm. I also need a 3" x 3" x 7" hose to connect my hot side and inlet up properly. I've double clamped the 3.25" Hump hose until the replacement arrives. Until then easy does it. I dont expect to see a dramatic change in temps, perhaps a little quicker spool. Summer towing will tell the difference.

Last week I did notice a spool up difference with just the elbow installed. And once its lit, it does seem to pull harder.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.