Done mourning!!!

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
How bad of a chip? I may still be interested.

Chip1.jpg

Chip2.jpg

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
I found 275's on line :eek:

You mean 275/70/19.5? ouch... if that is what you are looking at, I saw them too. they look great. however....

If i would have known how much of a biotch these things were, I would have stayed with stock size, but a mud grip. Toooooo strong of a tire. our factory rubber is weight rated at like 3500 per tire. the ones that I got are rated at 4900 (4500 dualed up) I am running the rears at 50 psi (out of 110 max) just to get the whole tire to contact the ground, and not be so squirmy on the open road. Read a bit more, the 245s that i have, are supposed to go on a rim that is 7.5 inches wide. our rims are 6.75 wide... so, they are even harder to get to flatten out. I bet the 275s are supposed to go on a 8-8.5 inch wide rim. so they will round out even more than mine do.

all six factory tires can handle 20,000 gross vehicle weight, which is 5000 more than our trucks are rated for. the ones that i have, are capable of withstanding 27,000 pounds.... I will never get enough weight to get tehse tires to sit right. and I bet 275s are even higher.

when I wear these out, I will be going back to stock height...

Just a little FYI. If i lived up where you live, and towed EXTREMELY HEAVY, all the time, through the mud and snow, etc, these tires would prob be ok. But as it is, unless i have 2,000 pounds of hitch weight, or more, my rig is a bouncy biotch.

corb

qcfarmer

Reaction score
I have 245's on stock rims and haven't had any problems. I run 75 in the back and 85 up front.
On a side note, I am looking for a set of extra stock rims if anyone goes aftermarket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
I have 245's on stock rims and haven't had any problems. I run 75 in the back and 85 up front.
On a side note, I am looking for a set of extra stock rims if anyone goes aftermarket.

What brand, weight rating, style tire?

I have 245/70/19.5, Hankook DH-01 mud/snow, G rated 4900 (4500 dualed) 14 ply tires. STIFF ! Lol! At 70 psi, I won't contact the outer inch on either side, of any tires in the rear. And, I get squirmy as hell at 65 on the super slab. At 50 psi (cold, of course) I have no issues. But I only have the bed loaded up with about 1,000 pounds...

qcfarmer

Reaction score
Aeolus hn366+ single 4805 lbs dual 4540 at 120 psi. Don't get me wrong they are stiff tires but they are wearing almost perfectly.
I only got them because they were cheap. They do well in the snow and are lasting long also. I have 80000 kms and they are at the wear nubs so I can re-grove them and I should get another 50000 kms out of them

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
It's starting. Installed AFE CAI, and DOC/DPF delete last night. Loaded Innovative tunes. Went for a drive and smiled a lot.

H11's and EGR delete up next. Keep your phone close Shane LOL

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
After getting a code for turbo performance and the "reduced power" flash on the info center. The TP code came back. EP and boost are equal and VGT duty cycle is 7.001 at highway speeds. At idle VGT is 95.001. Looks like a plugged/faulty sensor.

HD F250

Reaction score
Sensors suck on these trucks, but it's all part of it. Atleast we don't have to have 15 gauges in our pillar:) Can't wait to hear how you like your F450 once u get it studded and EGR deleted. What else is planned???

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Top secret for now. But plan on being able to tow comfortably with 600-650hp and cool egts.

Well not top secret, but I will say this. With just the Street tune in, this thing is an animal. Maybe Ive been stock for too long, but it feels much stronger then the 210 tow I had before.

Last edited:

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Told you Eric could tune. He has a gift. And yes these 450's are monsters with a tune. I think it has a lot to do with gearing.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Mine is a pig also with a 60 gallon cell in the bed with a tool box. I need to scale it to see, but the last time it was on the scale was before the cell and box. Scale it and you will be shocked!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.