DPC Round Two: Going for Broke

01PSD

Reaction score
As fir the video noise... Go pros have the worst ***king sound of any device ever designed to record anything. I hate go pro videos for that reason lol. The truck sounds like it's riding rough because go pro used some pre-1965 microphone technology to produce their cameras.

Yeah i dont like the sound quality at all

Beechperformance

Reaction score
Tadd's breakfast on top, Papa Smurf's breakfast on bottom :evil

IMG_20130430_194403_539.jpg

Last year I modified my pulling hitch for Godzilla. I haven't hit a pull with my truck yet, and it just so happens that my pulling height is the same as Erik's, so we're modifying my hitch for both of the trucks. Last year Dustin loaned his at the last minute, but since Aaron broke it before Erik could use it, we got lucky when John Kennedy loaned his. This year we won't count on that kind of luck or charity. I hope the other Ford DPC competitors bring their own, because this chunk of steel will be non adjustable when it's done. Anyone there is welcome to borrow it, but it probably won't be the right height.
IMG_20130430_194645_681.jpg

We just built one for my truck last week. Same thing not adjustable and beefy as hell.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I felt terrible, that hitch had probably 100 hooks on it with no issues at all, then you let someone use it and it breaks possibly costing them a spot or two, i still feel bad about that.

Wayne

Reaction score
Well, The day is just ending on a good note. After pulling the big turbo this evening to fix a fuel leak at the HPFP that didn't start leaking until 20K+ rail pressure, we had some good results, and a trouble-free drive aside from the fog and snow. Here's Nathannial team driving with me so we both don't fall asleep while breaking in the engine, taking on a 100+ mile trip
IMG_20130501_022235_042.jpg

Hopefully the luck will carry through later this morning when we strap the truck to the dyno.

Now, off to get our 3 hours of sleep:doh:

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
:joy: :joy: Lookin' good guys! I saw the picture you posted on Facebook of the tunnel. Wow I would have had a hard time not romping on it, just to listen to it:D

dustinz85

Reaction score
As fir the video noise... Go pros have the worst ***king sound of any device ever designed to record anything. I hate go pro videos for that reason lol. The truck sounds like it's riding rough because go pro used some pre-1965 microphone technology to produce their cameras.

This... awesome video.. fail of a mic :banghead:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

blk350on20s

Reaction score
You guys are hardcore for sure!! Love being able to come to work every morning and see late night/early morning pics of progress. Hope everything goes smooth from here on out. Looks like both 6.4s in dpc will be ready to win!

3brorce

Reaction score
Oh good Wayne, its hydrolocked haha. First start up vid in there as well I see.

Elliott

Reaction score
Great work guys! A lot of long days and nights went into this build with top notch craftsmanship and attention to detail. Definitely rooting for Erik and the Elite team. Excited to hear about how the final road test went and dyno pulls went!

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I like the team effort and dedication to the project, good work guys. And on the sound I agree, I think its the GoPro rattling not the truck.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Love following this build. Good luck to you this year Erik & Elite. Looks like you've done an excellent job here. Thanks for sharing the progress too, not a lot of shops willing to do that.

Latest posts

Members online